Quota Hunt?

bobbuck

So if you had 7 priority points and had decided that you are moving out of the states in 2018. What Quota hunt would you apply for this year knowing that PI is not an option? Looking more for Quality not quantity of deer. I am open to any part of the state.

Buzzard Breath

There's probably not a whole lot even similar to Presidents Island, but I would probably put in for Yuchi rifle hunt.

Good luck with your move.

Andy S.

UpperTully":1gdcuzdb said:
Why wouldn't it still be an option?
I think he knows he will not get PI buck hunt this year with 7 points, and he has no plans of coming back as a non-resident 4-5 years from now to buck hunt PI. His post reads that he is moving out of the "states". I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts.

UpperTully

Andy S.":j7b6uix3 said:
UpperTully":j7b6uix3 said:
Why wouldn't it still be an option?
I think he knows he will not get PI buck hunt this year with 7 points, and he has no plans of coming back as a non-resident 4-5 years from now to buck hunt PI. His post reads that he is moving out of the "states". I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts.

I misread that as "out of state"

bobbuck

Yep. Moving to the Caribbean so not really worth coming back to hunt one weekend. I may just keep applying and building points and come back and hunt PI and spend a week hunting my farm before or after. I really hate to burn my points! Thanks for the suggestion of Yuchi.

fairchaser

If you are moving to the Caribbean, you definitely need some hunting time back in the states. I think the only thing you can hunt there is a bargain on a straw hat. But, the fishing will be spectacular! Come on back when you need a hunting fix.

mrw

There are a lot of whitetails on St. John in the U.S.V.I! Too bad you can't hunt them. I've seen some decent bucks there.

bobbuck

I saw a 4 pointer on St John back in February. I was really surprised at how big bodied he was considering the climate. They have plenty to eat I guess.

Latest posts