Quota hunt draws

abuckn6does

Look at the numbers on the WMA harvest report and AEDC is always at or near the top. It is mostly flat hardwoods with some pine and a few fields mixed in. Close to Woods Reservoir and UTSI there are some drawers/hollows but they are not that deep. It's a big place but there are lots of roads running through it. Just remember it is on Arnold Air Force Base so don't speed and obey the safety zone areas.
Best advise I can give you is find where a thicket and hardwoods meet, get on the down wind side and stay put. They will venture out of the thickets after a couple of hours.
Thanks for your help.
Do you know if they allow scouting before the season starts. (Are the interior roads open)

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
I think I'll try and do some scouting this weekend. Thanks again
Suggestion If you can wait till Nov your scouting will be better…especially if you are new to AEDC. Though there are lots of roads there the foliage and flat terrain can be confusing, even with GPS. Food sources also change.

timberjack86

Suggestion If you can wait till Nov your scouting will be better…especially if you are new to AEDC. Though there are lots of roads there the foliage and flat terrain can be confusing, even with GPS. Food sources also change.
I agree, could also take a weekend and you bow and make a good hunt out of a scouting trip. Probably what I'm going to do.

Latest posts