Quota application deadline

Boll Weevil

Just passing this along to those interested. Deadline Jan11.

1672938466255.png

Andy S.

I noticed "new to me" (I may have missed them last year or two) quota hunts at Chickasaw State Forest and Natchez Trace State Forest with some hunt dates last weekend in May. I'll be anxious to see success rate (or lack thereof) for any southwest TN quota turkey hunt during the month of May, especially last few weeks.

deerfever

I noticed "new to me" (I may have missed them last year or two) quota hunts at Chickasaw State Forest and Natchez Trace State Forest with some hunt dates last weekend in May. I'll be anxious to see success rate (or lack thereof) for any southwest TN quota turkey hunt during the month of May, especially last few weeks.
You will probably not be able to determine an accurate success rate since they are not bonus birds. I would guess lots of people will already have their limit of 2 before several of the quota hunts ever takes place and not be able to go.

Last edited:

Boll Weevil

^ Was wondering about this. Is it correct that there's no such thing as bonus birds now? 2 and that's it regardless of drawing a quota hunt?

Andy S.

Page 26 of H&T Guide states all birds killed on public land hunts count toward statewide bag limits. Bag limit is 2, but only 1 can be a jake. Fanning and reaping prohibited on WMAs. That is spelled out on page 28 of H&T Guide.

Buzzard Breath

I'll be keeping an eye on these this year. I've been stockpiling points (5 after this draw), waiting for something to pop up on this end of the state that's worth putting in for. With good hatches being report this year, I may cash them in next year.

Latest posts