Quick hunt

Ocoee Ridge Runner

It was a beautiful morning in the mountains. After hiking up pretty high in the dark I got to a good listening spot that over looked several ridge systems. I hit the hooter and heard a faint gobble off to my right so I headed that way. After a couple hundred yards I could hear him gobbling pretty good and decided to side hill it around a ridge to keep from getting sky lined since I didn't know for sure where he was roosted. When I got to the other side of the ridge I ended up exactly where I needed to be so I found a big oak tree and setup. I did a wind flap and a soft yelp on my mouth call and he gobbled within seventy yards or so from me. I never heard him fly down but could tell he was on the ground. He gobbled for fifteen minutes or so and I could hear him spitting finally he showed up strutting with a buddy who was also strutting. I pulled the trigger at about thirty two yards and just sat there taking it all in. What a morning! 32BB777F-E5DA-4A73-83B4-1E5A46B5CFFF.jpeg

themanpcl

It was a beautiful morning in the mountains. After hiking up pretty high in the dark I got to a good listening spot that over looked several ridge systems. I hit the hooter and heard a faint gobble off to my right so I headed that way. After a couple hundred yards I could hear him gobbling pretty good and decided to side hill it around a ridge to keep from getting sky lined since I didn't know for sure where he was roosted. When I got to the other side of the ridge I ended up exactly where I needed to be so I found a big oak tree and setup. I did a wind flap and a soft yelp on my mouth call and he gobbled within seventy yards or so from me. I never heard him fly down but could tell he was on the ground. He gobbled for fifteen minutes or so and I could hear him spitting finally he showed up strutting with a buddy who was also strutting. I pulled the trigger at about thirty two yards and just sat there taking it all in. What a morning!View attachment 71942
Congrats!

Latest posts