Question?

akachuck

15 yr old genius
less than a month I'll be there with him. I know how you feel, I sometimes see my self being an @$$hole to certain people. parents being one of them. some people deserve it all school. I learned to stop disrespecting my mom when she beat the crap out of me for doing something.

If he plays video games, has a phone, or hang out with his friends outside of school... take those away.

WTM

Supporter
the only problem i had with my kids doing something i told them to do was they be like "how much you going to pay me"

my reply was always the same "ill buy you dinner and if you do a real good job, let you sleep in a warm bed tonight. now do what the heck i told you to do".

ImThere

Once heard a preacher I believe said that you ought to be able to lock teens up @ about 12 and don’t let them out until about 25 ! He said they lose their mind with hormones raging and around 25 come back to their senses . Some truth to it .
We have 8 kids.
4 boys
4 girls.
They all were genius from 12 ish to 24ish and some haven’t grown out of it yet.
Boy - Girl it really don’t matter unless you count the levels of stupidity! Lol. My girls do silly crap and act like it’s the end of the world my boys were more like hold my beer moments caught on tape!!!!!!

BMan

the only problem i had with my kids doing something i told them to do was they be like "how much you going to pay me"

my reply was always the same "ill buy you dinner and if you do a real good job, let you sleep in a warm bed tonight. now do what the heck i told you to do".

First time one of the kids said that I reminded them that I could pay them - and they could pay rent. Problem solved.

Knothead

My son was that way at 15-16 years old. I remember telling him one day—at the height of my frustration, “Son, one of these days, you’re gonna wonder how your Dad got so smart. Right now, to you, I’m the most inept person on the face of the earth. That’s ok. Just mark my word.”
He’s now twice that age, educated, happily married, good job, and has a family of his own.

But not a year after he graduated from college, one day we were discussing a specific situation and how to deal with it, and guess what he asked me? Yep, that’s right. “Dad, how did you get so smart at handling stuff like this?”

It’s a stage they all go through as they strive to become independent but are just not mature enough at the time.
Patience….patience……patience. This too shall pass.

Bone Collector

Supporter
Any of you fellas have a son that never listens to a word out of your mouth when giving an instruction on how to do something?
Like they won’t listen because they think you don’t have a clue what your talking about.
My son is not that bad all the time, but he has his moments....

Popcorn

Supporter
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I will put good $$'s up, on a bet that I have the hard-headedest son in the world. From about 14 on, he knew everything and I didnt know anything. He's the expert at everything. He would argue with a fence post. He is the most arrogant cocky know-it-all young man i've ever met. He has more confidence in what hes doing than anyone i've ever seen, even if he's doing it wrong. He's finishing up his commercial pilots license.

He's 24 now, and is just now coming around.

He is the type that has to learn from his mistakes, and lord, has he made plenty ...
There for a minute I thought you might be my SIL's absent father but then you said "finishing up" , "pilots license" and "coming around"

mrjim43

I'm 18 and just full of it and the argument when like this "Door swings both ways Son don't let it hit you in the butt on your way out". Wise word from the old man. Believe me they still hold true till this day......

WTM

Supporter
I will put good $$'s up, on a bet that I have the hard-headedest son in the world. From about 14 on, he knew everything and I didnt know anything. He's the expert at everything. He would argue with a fence post. He is the most arrogant cocky know-it-all young man i've ever met. He has more confidence in what hes doing than anyone i've ever seen, even if he's doing it wrong. He's finishing up his commercial pilots license.

He's 24 now, and is just now coming around.

He is the type that has to learn from his mistakes, and lord, has he made plenty ...
any idea which airline he is going to work for?

poorhunter

I have 7 daughters ages 2-16 years, and while certainly there are issues with all of them, they are pretty obedient and compliant kids. Consistency in discipline and expectations is a big key. Limiting negative outside influences like TV (which we don’t have), social media, and other raucous undisciplined (not well trained) children are also important. When (not if) you sin against them, ask for forgiveness, and do so in the presence of those who were present when you sinned...if you got angry without a cause at the dinner table with your whole family, ask forgiveness in front of the whole family even if it’s hours or a day later. Make sure that when you forgive them (or your wife) that you don’t bring it up again, you have forgiven them. These Biblical principals will go a long way in not raising a rebellious child.

huntintn

When oldest was 16 he explained to me how he shouldn't have to do the dishwasher because he didn't use any dishes that night. I proceeded to turn the breaker to his bedroom off and water to his bathroom and explained how I shouldn't have to pay for lights and water in a part of the house I don't use.

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
any idea which airline he is going to work for?
Why, so you can avoid that airline ? :D

he has long way to go before hitting the majors (cargo/passenger). ONce he gets his commercial license, he has to build his hours before flying for major airline, and get an ATP license. He will probably hop planes from point a to point b, to build his hours.. Still working on "how to get hours" part.

Latest posts