Question?

Lost Lake

Supporter
Any of you fellas have a son that never listens to a word out of your mouth when giving an instruction on how to do something?
Like they won’t listen because they think you don’t have a clue what your talking about.
My daughter is going through a stage like that. Just typical kid stuff I guess.

Five years after leaving home, I realized how smart and experienced my Step Father is. Wish I’d have listened better.

Ladys man

I’m right there with you.. my 5 yr old doesn’t listen and if/when he does it’s completely opposite of what I or his mom tell him… I’m doing my best to restrain myself but good granny he is testing my patience..

Tn_Va_Hunter

My 9 year son actually listens very well. Can hear good. He just doesn’t do what I say to
Him lol. Actually he’s a great kid and does mostly
What we say. Like today putting up a shooting house. He was all about it. Hammering in tpost screwing screws in. Had to talk him down from running the chain saw but caved and let him drive the tractor. He did well lol.

now my 5 year old girl is a different story. I dread it when she hits about 12.

Union Co. Boy

I’m right there with you.. my 5 yr old doesn’t listen and if/when he does it’s completely opposite of what I or his mom tell him… I’m doing my best to restrain myself but good granny he is testing my patience..
I feel your pain! I tell him all the time "Well, if your going to be dumb you've got to be tough." I love him like nothing else on this earth, but boy howdy does he ever try my patience! Sometimes I just walk off, but I generally end up laughing when he's not looking. I'll be 49 next month and also have a 22 year old daughter that listened to every word I said. My patience has improved with age though I do believe. He gives me so much joy that it's a good trade-off I reckon.

DaveB

Any of you fellas have a son that never listens to a word out of your mouth when giving an instruction on how to do something?
Like they won’t listen because they think you don’t have a clue what your talking about.

Yes. and because when I get angry I can feel my BP skyrocketing, I no longer argue. Okiedokie, let me know how things go is what I say.

Just last week he asked for directions to a spot and since I knew the road was blocked attempted to tell him that but he started complaining and I said, just use your GPS. He spent 15 minutes trying to find a way to where he needed to be, the road was blocked.

Grainger

Supporter
I bet he listens a lot more than you think.

He's trying to find his way in the world, he has to try things "his way" first, and see it doesn't work always.

He'll go through this process 5, 10, 15 thousand times, before finally, one day, he comes to you and says: "Dad, I need your advice about something..."

So, keep on preaching and teaching, he hears you, just be a while before he can admit it.

deer hunter 21

You know we all went through it thinking we had the world figured out and really didn't know anything. The difference between now and then was when my dad told us something the first time and you didn't listen then you felt it the 2nd time.

Tn_Va_Hunter

I bet he listens a lot more than you think.

He's trying to find his way in the world, he has to try things "his way" first, and see it doesn't work always.

He'll go through this process 5, 10, 15 thousand times, before finally, one day, he comes to you and says: "Dad, I need your advice about something..."

So, keep on preaching and teaching, he hears you, just be a while before he can admit it.
Growing up I had my parents. But about 10’dad started drinking. I stayed a lot with my grandparents on my mother’s side. My papaw taught me how to hunt, fish And garden. And when I stayed with my parents (they lived beside my dads dad) he would make me get out after school And work on the coal truck. Amazing how useful those times were. I still have 3 of my 4 grandparents. My my papaw who taught me to hunt fish And garden passed away 15 years ago. I can feel him a lot of the times in the woods or working the garden. Man how I wish my kids could have met him.

Latest posts