question

woodyard

How often do you guys wash and clean your bass boat?

After going fishing yesterday I decided today would be a good day weather wise to clean mine up. This makes the second time this year to get all the oak blooms, algae, fish grime and dead crickets, gravel and everything else out of and give a good scrubbing. It appears I need to do it more often. Lol I also need to put the cover on it after use.

I wash the AR river boat after every trip over there to remove any algae or critters that could be invasive if I happened to take it to the water here. Plus it makes it a lot easier to get the scum lines off while fresh.

leeinmemphis

I use to thoroughly clean/detail/polish my glass boats once a year but now that I have moved to an aluminum boat I don't expect to be doing much of that any more. :)

Kirk

I am currently boatless. Back when I had boats I would wash them occasionally to get the scum lines off the hull. I cleaned the livewells and pumps much more often than the boat exterior.

Picked up a good hack at a boat show. Lemon Pledge in the aerosol can. Spray it on your gel coat and pin stripes and rub it in. It will shine like a new boat.

Safari Hunt

I had a bass boat for about 15-18 years. It was hosed down- decks, live wells, transom area, etc. Scrubbed the aluminum hull at least twice a year. When I moved to TN, people couldn't believe how old it was, looked new.

Latest posts