question .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

scn

Timber Ghost said:
I see no conflicts, law does not allow you to hunt or shoot from your vehicle.

Partially incorrect.

The guns in vehicles statute does not allow the hunting or shooting from a vehicle.

However, our Manner and Means of hunting was recently changed to give regular vehicles the same status as OHVs. As long as the vehicle is stationary on private land where the hunter has permission, the vehicle may be used as a "blind" and hunted from. That includes shooting from a stationary vehicle.

scn

Bottom Hunter said:
With Tennessee now allowing people to have loaded guns in their vehicles, what will that do in terms of hunters sitting on fields, or riding roads with a loaded gun? Thanks.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/25977251/ne ... in-vehicle

The new statute has nothing to do about hunting. It merely allows firearms to be carried inside vehicles.

Our Manner and Means of hunting were modified recently to give all vehicles the same status that OHVs have had for several years. Hunters can now hunt from a stationary vehicle on private land. Nothing is changed about shooting from or across public roads.

Bottom Hunter

Many years ago, I was sitting on a gravel road, waiting for a rainstorm to pass before heading in to my deer stand. Right or wrong,maybe to save a few seconds while it was raining, I loaded my gun while still in the truck. A few minutes later, a game warden drove up, stopped, got out and approached my vehicle. he asked to see my license and asked if my gun was loaded, I said that it was. He told me to unload it and gave me a verbal warning.....

Now that it is LEGAL to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in your vehicle at all times, will it be legal to do what I did....And if you stop a vehicle that you suspect is spotlighting and he has a loaded gun in the vehicle, will that matter now? thanks

scn

Yes, it will be legal, both because of the new statute and our change in the Proclamation on Manner and Means.

The statute on spotlighting does not require a loaded gun to be present before it it a violation, so there is no effect on the spotlighting statute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts