question?

Bottom Hunter

How much damage can a good yote population do to the deer in the area. Do they run deer off and just make them a bit more wary?

I've seen as many as five yotes running together and seem to hear them every other day or so on this farm...

I took the front leg out from under one yesterday....he ran off dragging that leg. Hope he died later.

Yesterday, one got to barking and howling way before dusk and kept it up for an hour. I finally saw one, not sure it was the same one, and it gave me a LONG shot, so I took it.

I've never shot that far before (at least 300 yards, maybe more) and my gun is not sighted in for anything like that. I was lucky to hit his front leg, in my opinion.

Another quick question....can you scare them off by shooting at them frequently. Will they move off to another location if they feel like they are being hunted?

thanks so much...

easy45

I hunted a place for 8 years and it was full of coyotes but it didn't seem to bother the deer, they acted use to it

randy

I have had several deer in a field before and a coyote strolled right thru the middle of them. A couple of deer watched him but none of them ran. I imagine they sleep with one eye open though.

Latest posts