question for the bobcat experts

tahtah

My son has gotten a healthy number of bobcats pics on trail cam. He has several videos of more than one cat at once. I'm not looking to trap or shoot a bobcat but would like to try to get some quality photos.

I've setup a ground blind in one of the locations they seem to frequent and was planning to try my electronic predator call to draw one or more in for a photoshoot. However, I'm thinking that will probably only be successful once, if it works at all. Then I was wondering if I might have better luck trying to put out some sort of bait or attractant.

What do you guys that have experience with cats think or suggest?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Farm manager

You can probably improve your chances of stopping a bobcat on a trail with a handful of feathers. If you are trying to position them for a photo. Deer carcasses may help you, no telling what else might show up to work on that.

hammer33

Bobcats typically prefer live food. Not saying they won't scavenge but they prefer live food.
The best would be to use your trail cams and try to back trail them to their den. Set up nearby in a blind or make a natural blind. Use a long zoom lens and get your photos.