Question about ticks an possible sickness?

DMAG

I went turkey hunting last friday all day and when i got done I found 20-30 ticks with the white dot on them on me. Some were embedded and some crawling. I have never pulled that many off at one time, but i wasnt worried. Starting Sunday I felt like I was getting a cold, with a deep deep chest cough. Well I woke up monday morning and I felt like I had been hit by a mack truck. Just absolutely wore out. Kinda like the flu. Have any of you ever had any illness that came from the result of a tick bite. I have a doctor appointment monday morning, so hopefully I can figure out what the deal is. I know the pollen count has been real high, but I have never had any trouble with allergies before, it would be going from extreme to the other. If you have or know someone who has ever gotten sick from a tick bite would you mind to share it. I will take them more seriously now, no matter what. Thanks so much.

SALTMAN

My sister had Lyme disease from only one tick bite last year, said its kinda like the flu, specially the tired part , but doesn't affect everyone the same . She's a RN so she knows her stuff. Best you see the Dr to be sure.

DMAG

My wife keeps telling me its allergies, I have never had allergies, but I turned 30 this year and I have heard you can get them later in age. I have been feeling like I have the flu, just wore down like crazy.

gatodoc

A tick has to be attached 12-24 hrs to transmit lyme dis. and/or RMSV so it's important to check yourself and remove any attached ticks ASAP..The incubation time between the tick bite and symptoms is usually a week or two...

Symptoms vary but fever and lethargy are common as is muscle or joint pain...

For some reason, a lot of docs seem reluctant to test for tick born disease, but it's a simple blood test and you should insist on it if you have non specific symptoms...