Question about the $30,000 TWRA duck blinds

rem270

Great deal of negativity on this thread, I understand some of it. I am just now trying to read through the new process. The old process wasn't fair in my opinion, but I wasn't completely negative and and hoping for the failure of others who try to enjoy their states opportunities.

If I am blessed to draw a hunt or two this first season of change, I'm hoping some of you don't destroy my vehicle, boat, shoot at us or burn my appointed blind because your panties are in a wad because "They took all the best blinds from US".

Real fun bunch.
I doubt anything happens to your vehicle or anything else but you'll never compete bringing 2 or 3 dozen decoys and sit next to a spread of 1000. You'll realize how screwed up it is once you travel several hours just to watch a private hole or 60 day hole put on a show and the 3 day holes just sit there.

tickweed

I doubt anything happens to your vehicle or anything else but you'll never compete bringing 2 or 3 dozen decoys and sit next to a spread of 1000. You'll realize how screwed up it is once you travel several hours just to watch a private hole or 60 day hole put on a show and the 3 day holes just sit there.
so true.

TheLBLman

You'll realize how screwed up it is once you travel several hours just to watch a private hole or 60 day hole put on a show and the 3 day holes just sit there.
I suspect most who draw the 3-day holes are going to find out exactly this.
Maybe some of the 3-day holes are in locations that may provide some "pass" shooting, some of which will just create more conflict with the nearby blinds actually working (or trying to work) the same birds.

I'm afraid TWRA has just taken some public waterfowl conflicts from bad to worse.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I suspect most who draw the 3-day holes are going to find out exactly this.
Maybe some of the 3-day holes are in locations that may provide some "pass" shooting, some of which will just create more conflict with the nearby blinds actually working (or trying to work) the same birds.

I'm afraid TWRA has just taken some public waterfowl conflicts from bad to worse.
But they provided more opportunity !!!

PPPfffftttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th88

So i'm not familiar with waterfowl hunting in TN or all the shenanigans mentioned in this thread. However I do want to understand the situation as I have a major issue with folks profiting off our public land resources. So a couple questions.

1.) "Selling" of blinds. I assume folks were selling out the use of the blind they had drawn in the draw process? How much are hunting rights to these blinds worth? Can non-residents apply? :cool:

2.) Someone was torching blinds in opposition to the draw process or torching blinds out of spite of not being drawn?

I am familiar with the 'grandfathered' blinds on places like Reelfoot...Only because of the incident that happened earlier in the year.

Sure seems like one heck of a complicated process to duck hunt public land. I'm afraid we are just going to see more and more of this in the future for other species as well.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
So i'm not familiar with waterfowl hunting in TN or all the shenanigans mentioned in this thread. However I do want to understand the situation as I have a major issue with folks profiting off our public land resources. So a couple questions.

1.) "Selling" of blinds. I assume folks were selling out the use of the blind they had drawn in the draw process? How much are hunting rights to these blinds worth? Can non-residents apply? :cool:

2.) Someone was torching blinds in opposition to the draw process or torching blinds out of spite of not being drawn?

I am familiar with the 'grandfathered' blinds on places like Reelfoot...Only because of the incident that happened earlier in the year.

Sure seems like one heck of a complicated process to duck hunt public land. I'm afraid we are just going to see more and more of this in the future for other species as well.
1) depends on the blind as to how much it's worth to someone, but I have heard of up to 18,000 for top blinds, down to 2,000 for one that's a gar-hole, but a place to hunt from. Just gotta talk to the right "broker" to buy or sell, or they'll contact you if you drew the one they want.

2) Torching of blinds is usually caused by a personal issue between a couple of people, one of whom is in the blind that gets burnt. I doubt there'll be any of these new state owned blinds that gets torched, but we'll see. Even though they have all been traditionally good blinds, I don't think they'll be able to compete with the larger decoy spreads of other nearby blinds, unless the state spends a butt load of money and decoys them so that they can, but then I'd expect a bunch of decoys that'll go missing, as some do just about every year.

Uncle Jesse

Twra has definitely about ruined it for alot including me. We haven't had enough ducks in the last 3yrs to even justify building a blind.
That's exactly why I didn't even put in for the drawing last year and won't this year

Way too complicated for a handful of ducks

TimberMan

Can someone clarify what the state means by open access on the new blind map list. Most say no but allow boat hunting and places like Bogota, thorny, and Cheatham say yes. I understand Bogota and thorny nonquota sites but not familiar with the other.