Question about a skull found on property

duckduck84

duckduck84

Just found this a few minutes ago near one of our stands. No other bones, just this. The main beams are chipped around the front as well.

Thoughts?
41d0e78cfca705acb8f01357eded28d7.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

bigasports

bigasports

Re: Question about a skull found on property

I saw a small road kill buck next to the property I hunt last year. Over the course of a week I had noticed it had moved further and further from the road leaving a path of bones, hair, and hide. I went back the next week to look at the skull and it was gone. Found it 100 yards away from the road a couple days later in the wood line. Animals eating on that thing and carrying it away.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter

it has been there/dead a while. As far as the chips, its probably where squirrels have been gnawing on them. Squirrels usually dispose of them a lot quicker than that.

rem270

rem270

Supporter

Been there a few years it looks like.

catman529

catman529

Been there a good while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dbllunger

Dbllunger

Supporter

Animals scatter them around. I have found numerous over the years. Always just pick them up and take them home and leave them in a flower bed in my back yard. If you have a yard sale put them out there. Folks will buy them like crazy.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Any chance it's been there since 2014/2015 season? Long shot but the first buck I ever shot at was in that area and I never found it. Rack size, from what I recall, seems similar.

rem270

rem270

Supporter

duckduck84":3u21ifh6 said:
Any chance it's been there since 2014/2015 season? Long shot but the first buck I ever shot at was in that area and I never found it. Rack size, from what I recall, seems similar.

I could see it being there that long. I found a deer that my dad had shot 3 years earlier that looked about like yours. He shot it right at dark and was going to look the next day for it. He hunted the next morning before he went to look and had the buck come up back out and shot it. He just assumed it was the deer and he had missed the day before. I found it 3 years later in the vicinity it ran and they looked almost identical.

duckduck84

duckduck84

rem270":15zosohz said:
duckduck84":15zosohz said:

I could see it being there that long. I found a deer that my dad had shot 3 years earlier that looked about like yours. He shot it right at dark and was going to look the next day for it. He hunted the next morning before he went to look and had the buck come up back out and shot it. He just assumed it was the deer and he had missed the day before. I found it 3 years later in the vicinity it ran and they looked almost identical.
Interesting, thanks man! Wish I could know for sure, but I'm keeping it either way.