Quail Hunting

tndad

Got a 7 month old english setter than am going to train this year.
Starting on quail pen (to raise( for training and hunting- since there ain't many out there

jb3

I do like it, but hard to find any. Use to rabbit hunt cotton fields in west tn (humbolt/milan) and we'd jump up a few from time to time.

Hunted a place just outside of Paris,TN where the guy had quail/pheasant hunts on his farm. The pen raised birds are just "a little" (sarcasm) different from the wild ones. We were actually able to pick up a bird (quail) or two.

Just watching the dogs work was a sight to see. He had a pair, one hunted wide and the other inside of that one.

tn red

There are a few birds left in places.I do alot of training if you want shoot me a pm & we can train some i've got birds for that.

Yotehntr

I do a lot of WMA walking (coyote hunting) I've bumped one covey in the last 3 years. I used to have an English setter & a pointer... had to buy some birds and that was 15+ years ago. I loved bird hunting but sure don't know what happened to the population...? Sure miss it though......good luck!

Velocity kills

Woodcock are a blast. I have hunted them since I was a kid. Havent seen any since I moved here 2 years ago. I NH/VT I would flush 100+ grouse and woodcock. sure miss it.miss the dog training and dog work.

stik

tn red said:
Woodcock are pretty plentiful in oct for about a month.Tough little bugers to hit

yep. we got em in the fall.

muzzleloader209010.jpg

pilgrim

I remember growing up we used to see a lot of quail on his farm in middle TN...then the coyotes moved in. I see them every once in a while while driving down farming roads here in west TN.

Latest posts