QDM Cooperative?

DoubleRidge

Curious if anyone has ever been a part of a QDM cooperative? Or has anyone ever started a QDM cooperative?

If so, I'm curious what worked? what didn't work? And do you have any recommendations for those who may be interested in trying to develop a cooperative? I've read several good articles on line that explain the process but wanted to hear from people who may have real life experiences.

DoubleRidge

DoubleRidge":1h8l4br6 said:
Curious if anyone has ever been a part of a QDM cooperative? Or has anyone ever started a QDM cooperative?

If so, I'm curious what worked? what didn't work? And do you have any recommendations for those who may be interested in trying to develop a cooperative? I've read several good articles on line that explain the process but wanted to hear from people who may have real life experiences.

Well....I guess the answer to my question is....No....lol.

That's understandable....from what I've read there can be some challenges and work involved with trying to create a QDM cooperative.

It's the concept that interest me.... multiple property owners, big and small all with similar goals and management practices....making habitat improvements, etc.

Obviously not everyone in a certain area would have interest in participating....but even a few working together could have a bigger impact verses going at it alone......just an interesting concept.....that has been done.

DoubleRidge

Yea.... didn't expect allot of feedback....just thought there may be some.... Been reading up on the concept and it interesting.....but at the same time I can see where getting others onboard could be challenging.... interesting concept though.

PickettSFHunter

I have been involved in one that wasn't huge (roughly 2000 acres). The problem was 1300 of those acres were owned by the same person. The guy managing the hunting on that tract passed away and it fell apart. They went from killing several bucks a year legally to killing everything that walked illegally. Literally started killing 20+ bucks a year off of it. That pretty much tanked the age structure that had been built up as it was a fairly low density area anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoubleRidge

Appreciate the feedback....with 2000 acres sounds like y'all had a good thing going......going from that....to killing everything that walks illegally.....sad & frustrating.

Latest posts