Pygmy goat or babydoll sheep

S

southernhunter

My wife has been wanting some smaller farm animals as pets for awhile, I have put it off for as long as I can so does anyone know anyone in middle TN that sells either?

bigjohn

bigjohn

As much as I don't like goats I would definitely recommend them over sheep. Sheep can require a lot of maintenance. You may try www.golsn.com

TheAirMan

TheAirMan

bigjohn":qjcycbf2 said:
As much as I don't like goats I would definitely recommend them over sheep. Sheep can require a lot of maintenance. You may try http://www.golsn.com

That may depend on the type of sheep. We’ve had some for two years and getting them up and giving them a few shots occasionally is basically all we’ve done other than regular feed/water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

fishboy1

We raise babydoll southdown sheep. Hate to admit it but I love them. Sweet and easy to care for.
Yes there is some care involved. We check them monthly for Famacha score (worm load) and trim hoof as needed. If you have good pasture and can rotate paddocks parasites are much less trouble.

I don't know anything about pygmy goats but goats have a reputation for parasites which will likely require more care than sheep. Feel free to PM me with questions.

WG3

WG3

Biggest thing with sheep is to watch for copper in feeds, even a small amount of copper can kill a sheep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDW05

TDW05

I got you one for $75 have him in classifieds...he is a Nigeria dwarf only a year old!