Putting a Hunt Together-

B&C

Thinking about putting a moose float hunt together in Alaska for next year (2014). Thinking 3 guys but could do 4. I used to live in AK and did numerous DIY hunts for various animals. If there is anyone interested shoot me a PM. Been almost 2 years since I've hunted AK and think it might be time to put more moose meat in the freezer...

AT Hiker

I tried to send you a PM, but its not allowing me to let it go through...hopefully later today it will.

My brother is getting stationed in Fairbanks this March, so I plan on making a trip or two to AK. I would for sure be interested in a float trip.

B&C

Not sure why PM's are not coming through. Feel free to email me at njdt25@hotmail though.

I've done several moose hunts up there and it really is an adventure. Harvesting one is the easy part, after that the "suck" begins. I havent put a pencil on it yet but I know it won't be over $3,500 per for the actual hunt then you got your airfare to Anchorage, lic,tag ect ect. Hell, I would be up for a drop off in a few drainages I know of and that would cut the cost down to $1500ish for a bush flight into an area. We would be taking all gear with on something like thatthough. Once I can get 3 solid guys in to do either option, I will start conntacting my guys back in AK with Cubs and see what they will do for us.

Nathan

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
Do you know the date ranges the hunt would take place. I am going in mid oct for mt goat.....I'd be very interested in talking if the dates would look like they would work for me... The top three on my to kill or hunt list is brown/grizzly bear, mt goat and moose..

and it just hit me elk is a close third. And for the last couple years me and three friends have been putting in for them in a area we should draw for this year and thinking as I type this if I get elk tags and I am doing the mt goat ...it would probably be a no sale to talk the wife into another big trip this year. Lol. Oh well if it don't happen for you this year and you go in 2015 I could would for sure do it.

Good luck to you I'm sure you will find someone. That is a great thing your offering. And best of wishes on the hunt.

B&C

JA1234-
I think we would be looking at the back end of Sept for the hunt. It's still decent weather during the day and brisk at night.

I hear ya on the bear, goat and bull. I've been forunate to harvest 3 brown bear in AK, Goat on Kodiak and over towards Valdez and Grizz. in unit 13 and unit 18 by Bethel.

If them elk tags dont hit, let me know what your plans are and if your going to be up north on a hunt in '14. Good luck either way, it's a great experience and hunt.

JA1234

just a hair or two north of the [censored] hole
Can you send me info on who you used for the bear hunts. I am looking into that for spring of 14. And I know guys that have been as many as 5 times before connecting. Two guys I know gave up on alaska and went to Russia. Which is what I had planned for this spring two years ago...but the outfitter closed up and started hunting African game or something. So I'm back to square one.

Buzzard Breath

I'm up in Ohio deer hunting for a couple more days. I'll shoot you an email when I get back to TN and can use a real computer. I tried to send one a couple days ago, but its not showing in by sent folder. Oh well, I'm lucky to have cell service at all.

B&C

JA1234 said:
Can you send me info on who you used for the bear hunts. I am looking into that for spring of 14. And I know guys that have been as many as 5 times before connecting. Two guys I know gave up on alaska and went to Russia. Which is what I had planned for this spring two years ago...but the outfitter closed up and started hunting African game or something. So I'm back to square one.

All my hunts up there were selfguided as I was a resident. The air charters I used were: Akwest air (Doug), Spernak (Mike) and a private operation by Sheep Mountain. Also did a drop for bear in Unit 18 using Papa Bear for the flight (Wade Renfro).

If you are looking for a guided hunt let me know as we will more then likely be back hunting Peninsula brown in the next couple years and I can give you a couple options as to who you might want to look at.

B&C

AT Hiker said:
The drop hunt sounds pretty fun, I like the idea of being stranded for some odd reason.

Ya, when that PA 18 flys out of sight and there is no one within miles, then it finally becomes peacefull and time to hunt...

B&C

Well folks I do believe we have 1 taker so far, looking for 1 more for Sept '14. Thinking we can meet up sometime in Feb and go over the hunt and make sure everyone knows what to expect and such, gear that will be needed/used and cost. Might even be a good excuse to purchase a new rifle...

AT Hiker

I cannot commit to 2014 ( I am already commited to a WY DIY hunt ). If you come up with something for 2015 I would be very interested. Cool offer none the less!

B&C

Lots of interest in 2015, may just make it easier on everyone if we shoot for fall '15. I have a Cape hunt in June next year so '15 would work fine for me as well.

AT Hiker

All I can say is thanks for offering this! Whether you go this year or next it is a great oppurtunity. If I ended up going it would be an adventure for me, and killing a moose would be icing in the cake.

B&C

tellico4x4 said:
Nathan - I just sent you an email regarding the trip. Meeting in Feb would be fine. Please keep me posted.

Thanks,
Jack

Sounds good Jack, See you in Feb. I know there are still a few swamp donkeys back in AK just waitin' on us...

Latest posts