Pursuit or Addiction?

JSimeon

Well written. I already can't sleep. I love turkey season. It represents what's still good about our great nation. God bless those who give us this opportunity.

Jamie

AT Hiker

Wish our paper would publish good reads like this!

I am convinced it is genetic, particular to the XY chromosome pattern. It is primeval, instinctive, and part of our internal mechanical gears that turn for survival.

As John Eldrege, "Wild at Heart", describes...�Deep in man�s heart are some fundamental questions that simply cannot be answered at the kitchen table. Who am I? What am I made of? What am I destined for?" I think we hunt and pursue the outdoors to help answer these questions, those that are afraid of these answers stay inside.

So I guess it is an addiction of pursuit for me.

Boll Weevil

If the game department said I could only hunt one critter, it'd definitely be turkeys. Sleep deprived and irritable...for the next month I will run myself completely ragged chasing these crazy birds.

tickweed

Ive hunted em way longer than alot of you younger guys. Mainly cause I'm older. I still love it as much as when I started in the early seventys. I cant help it. Now , I dont have a favorite, whatever season, when its time, I like it. Hope you all have a great season. Great read.

Arkitekt4040

Excellent read. And I agree with it because it is an addiction for me. I am still very new to turkey hunting. I have only killed one gobbler, and this will be my 4th year hunting them. But I am completely, 100% hopelessly addicted. I took a weeks vacation from work to hunt turkeys. My name is Arkitekt4040, and I am an addict.

Latest posts