Pulled the trigger……

Chiflyguy

Can't justify over inflated prices of new boats.
Went used.
G3 Deep V
40 Yamaha 4 stroke.

Attachments

• AD8E29A0-FEE4-436F-AF1C-C84F2E764500.png
    AD8E29A0-FEE4-436F-AF1C-C84F2E764500.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 153

Chiflyguy

Mine is a tiller but there have been runs this winter I wanted a windshield to hide behind
I like a tiller especially trolling for walleyes.
Boat control is night and day.
I think I got a good deal.
My buddy who passed away a few years ago had a G3.
We absolutely smoked walleyes and sauger in it.
Miss them days.

MickThompson

I like a tiller especially trolling for walleyes.
Boat control is night and day.
I think I got a good deal.
My buddy who passed away a few years ago had a G3.
We absolutely smoked walleyes and sauger in it.
Miss them days.
I've been trying to relearn how to catch sauger this winter but looks like I'm out of fishable water for a while

Atchman2

Congrats! I bought a used boat over 25 years ago after my previous used boat was stolen. This year though, I did buy my only new boat ever! It was a present for my anniversary and retirement. My wife loves fishing as much or more than I do, so we treated ourselves. The funny thing is my dad gave me ANOTHER boat in his will! So at one time I had three. I gave one to a family that had lots of little children. It was a runabout with a 50 HP Force engine on it. The other one was a Lowe's with a 50 hp Mercury Outboard. I gave that one to my brother. My brother loves to fish but came upon hard times and had to sell his boat. Now that he is back on his feet, he wanted to fish again. I'm virtually certain that I will be using one of "my" boats in the next few years.

Used boats are the way to go. It isn't like the hull is going to wear out and to be honest few of us use them enough to really wear even an outboard out. My wife and I fish usually 3 days per week, so we get good use out of our boat. When I bought my new boat there was a similar used model right next to it on the lot. It only had a 60 hp engine, but was the previous years model and used. For 2K more, I bought the new one with a 90 hp and a 5 year warranty. Made sense for me at least.

Latest posts