Public land hunters are.....

Rackseeker

Public land hunters numbers have dropped off to about none. From where I hunt I can see on the other side of the mountain where a popular WMA is located. At the beginning of the season it was like a parade every morning before daylight. I get to my spot about 1.5 hours before daylight so I get to see everyones lights. They looked like ants dropping off the side of the mountain with their lights before daylight. The last week or so I haven't seen any lights. The last two weeks of the season is the best time to hunt that WMA.

Columbia Scott

I killed a 1.5 year old 5 pointer last week for jerky (less collagen). I always hunt private land. Last time I hunted public land I watched another hunter do something unspeakable over a gut pile. I have since determined that some hunters are psychotic.

Rackseeker

Columbia Scott said:
Last time I hunted public land I watched another hunter do something unspeakable over a gut pile. I have since determined that some hunters are psychotic.

I have to ask what you watched another hunter do that was so unspeakable? Send it thru a P.M. if its to bad. LOL........
I have to know.....

Nhill

Rackseeker said:
Columbia Scott said:
Last time I hunted public land I watched another hunter do something unspeakable over a gut pile. I have since determined that some hunters are psychotic.

I have to ask what you watched another hunter do that was so unspeakable? Send it thru a P.M. if its to bad. LOL........
I have to know.....

Yea, you can't tease us like that!

Football Hunter

Nhill said:
Rackseeker said:
Columbia Scott said:

I have to know.....

Yea, you can't tease us like that!
me too

ImThere

Sorrry didn't know i had a audience! Bwahahahahah
Seriously you can't leave us hanging like that inquiring minds want to know

blueridge

Columbia Scott said:
I killed a 1.5 year old 5 pointer last week for jerky (less collagen). I always hunt private land. Last time I hunted public land I watched another hunter do something unspeakable over a gut pile. I have since determined that some hunters are psychotic.

Come on man!!! What did you see?

Vermin93

Columbia Scott said:

Is that the main reason you don't hunt public land, or is because it's a lot harder and potentially way more frustrating?

Bobs8pt

Just the Opposite for me. I have been hunting the same piece of a wma all season, I have not seen a single person on it. It was like my own private Land. The last two times That I have hunted there I have seen multiple sets of Hunters. I am guessing being the end of the season people are scrambling to get there fill of venison. A couple of them came over to speak with me and others just see me sitting there and have gone out of there way to walk around me. I was hoping this would be a positive and they would maybe push deer around but neither time did i see a single deer.

J.W.308

I usually hunt public land that is archery only . From the start of bow season I've noticed the same thing . After the 3rd week only a few we're hunting there . Gun season comes in and very few hunters showed up

catman529

Seen 2 other hunters last week in the same area, but that was all I've seen all season. Yup it's pretty calm on the WMA now. Not too many shots fired either.

NateUK

I hunt an archery only area too, and early season was pretty busy. But the last month or so of the season I've basically had it to myself. It's been really nice!

Latest posts