Public Dove Fields

mike52

Well I hunted at Percy Priest today. Didn't get shot at, didn't have any arguments over who shot what bird. There were a good number of birds flying around, and if I was a better shot I would've cleaned up. I did manage to shoot 5, so for my first dove hunt I'm pretty stoked!
Good job for your first hunt

philsanchez76

Well I hunted at Percy Priest today. Didn't get shot at, didn't have any arguments over who shot what bird. There were a good number of birds flying around, and if I was a better shot I would've cleaned up. I did manage to shoot 5, so for my first dove hunt I'm pretty stoked!
Congrats! Quick question. When you get drawn, is it just for that day? Or do you get that staked position for the rest of the month at priest? Are there draws for each weekend there after? Trying to see if I could still hunt it but missed that first draw on the first. Thx!

Weegee

Congrats! Quick question. When you get drawn, is it just for that day? Or do you get that staked position for the rest of the month at priest? Are there draws for each weekend there after? Trying to see if I could still hunt it but missed that first draw on the first. Thx!
No, that was only for opening day. From then on out it's first come, first serve. But you do have to shoot from staked positions. I know the field is open saturdays and sundays but it might be open other times as well.

philsanchez76

No, that was only for opening day. From then on out it's first come, first serve. But you do have to shoot from staked positions. I know the field is open saturdays and sundays but it might be open other times as well.
Thx for reply! I may have to try it out.

philsanchez76

Thx for the inspiration @Weegee i shot my very first public land dove this evening! I might be hooked.

Latest posts