Public crowd

paboom

It's just my opinion (which don't mean much) but I think people are putting way to much emphasis on a single YouTube group causing such an issue state wide.
Agreed. It has to be an extremely small percentage of people sitting at home watching YouTube and then realizing TN has turkeys to hunt. If they didn't know that until THP told them, they aren't the type to travel out of state to hunt turkeys.

prstide

But it doesn't "belong" to residents or non residents for that matter.
Who paid to restock Eastern Wild Turkeys in this state?
Answer: Anybody that bought ammo, archery supplies, a hunting license, or any other means by which TWRA generates revenue did! So honestly they really do indirectly belong to those who contributed through the years if you think about it.

REN

Who paid to restock Eastern Wild Turkeys in this state?
Answer: Anybody that bought ammo, archery supplies, a hunting license, or any other means by which TWRA generates revenue did! So honestly they really do indirectly belong to those who contributed through the years if you think about it.

Ok I can agree with that. Valid point

Chickencoop96

You can thank the hunting public and other YouTube "celebrities" for that…
I cant help but wonder if a lot of this 'Crowd' will die down after a couple of years. Some of them aren't all that committed to hunting, especially on public land where game is scarce and terrain tougher to navigate. most just want a picture or trophy to brag about. my hope is the ones who absolutely enjoy the hunt and conservation will be the ones left out of the surge. not the hooligans.

woodsman04

I cant help but wonder if a lot of this 'Crowd' will die down after a couple of years. Some of them aren't all that committed to hunting, especially on public land where game is scarce and terrain tougher to navigate. most just want a picture or trophy to brag about. my hope is the ones who absolutely enjoy the hunt and conservation will be the ones left out of the surge. not the hooligans.
Me too. I think they will die off once the cool wears off.

woodsman04

THP and everyone has absolutely every right to hunt, and I think they do a good job and put a good quality video.

But it isn't cool telling the internet where you hunt. It just ain't right and I honestly think it's downright sorry.

Everyone should put in the work to find their own birds or deer. I have no problem sharing public lands with anyone as long as they are courteous to me, safe, and not hunt like a googan.

The hunters they recruit are people that don't belong in the turkey woods. We are a select group. They should all read the tenth legion, especially towards the end and the prologue at the beginning. Then they would understand.

I just don't like sharing with folks that don't have the same passion for the wild Turkey as I do.

Hduke86

I thought the same way when Duck Dynasty was on tv and everyone thought they could find a little water and smash limits. I told a few friends after a couple of bad hunts people would stop hunting ducks around here. Boy was I wrong the only one that I know of that stopped duck hunting around here cause of the long beard duck assassins screaming in a call was me lol. Duck Dynasty hasn't been a hit on tv in a while but the lasting effects are still around for sure.

Latest posts