• Help Support TNDeer:

Pruitt fired

prstide

Yes the chancellor said no buyout. However Pruitt has a lawyer and I suspect he fights it unless the evidence against him is overwhelming. As much as i am half his tenure is over, I do feel like he was a fall guy so to speak. They wanted him gone and made sure they did what they could to fire with cause.
I believe you’re correct. As a side note, UT basically just soaked themselves in gasoline and handed the NCAA a book of matches. Not very wise. Nor does it bode well for trying to get other coaches hired.
“If you don’t win enough games, we will internally investigate the program to find violations and make sure you’re fired, with cause, so we don’t have to pay your buyout. Deal?”

MoonBuzzard

Id say Pruitt will settle for a nice chunk in his portfolio when all is said and done. UT will want this to go away quickly so they can get on with "hiring 2021, the year we rebuild it". As for Phil hes managed to hang on long past his prime. They may allow him to graciously fade out.

PossumSlayer

Supporter
I believe you’re correct. As a side note, UT basically just soaked themselves in gasoline and handed the NCAA a book of matches. Not very wise. Nor does it bode well for trying to get other coaches hired.
“If you don’t win enough games, we will internally investigate the program to find violations and make sure you’re fired, with cause, so we don’t have to pay your buyout. Deal?”
Yep, you never admit guilt to the irs or ncaa.

wayne

If the NCAA hits Pruitt with a "show cause", the Tennessee will be justified in their investigation. Boosters had already ponied up to pay a buyout.
The NCAA already knew that there was something to look at, that's why the University did an investigation.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts