protein deer feed

Football Hunter

I have not used either.What do you mean by success?I assume bigger horns?

Dont believe you'll have that kind of "success" with either.

Hard to imagine how much,in tons and money,you would have to put out to have any "success" JMO

woodsman87

I have a hard time buying into stuff like that. I think for you to see results would take several factors. I think the deer would have to eat alot of it in the first place, throughout the spring and summer. I also know for a fact you would have to have a really big block of land that is on strict management techniques.

I have about 190 acres, and while I am blessed and thankful to have it, I know that it isn't very big in the grand scheme of things as far as managing deer heard. I am sure that If I fed the deer some feed it could help, but I would basically just be feeding young bucks that somebody will shoot between opening day and Thanksgiving. It aint worth it to me.

45min. to the stand

It might help to pattern behavior and create habits in the deer if you are consistent? Then clear it out before season to stay on the up and up and then hunt on the schedule you establish. Maybe it would work best in a food plot so that after you take it away there is still something to munch on. I've never tried it before, so who knows. One of the guys i hunt with insists on putting out gravity corn feeders. He thinks it holds deer on our land. Im putting in find plots because i think it will be more effective, cheaper, and better for the environment down the road...

buckhammer

I hunt in aliceville alabama. Pretty much around my area is on a good management plan mostly 8 point or better. My only food sources are food plots im feeding corn for carbs for fuel. And the highest protein feed such as deer chow or alf alfa pellets didnt know if any one has used either of these. Thanks for all your responses thanks

SALTMAN

buckhammer , the chow will absorb moisture and swell up. I mixed with corn and had to empty all my feeders cause they were stopping up. Tried the little "blocks " of alfalfa but they were not touched . laid there until they rotted. Have friend up here that feeds a custom blend pellet that is under cover and seems to work pretty good but he had to slowly mix in with corn to get them started on it. Anything that adds more nutrients/minerals over a period of time will benefite the overall health of the animal , just like it would your horses or cows !No overnight miracles are available that I know of .

Latest posts