Protecting your Lease

cfmartin1833

Im getting on a new lease for next season with 3 other guys. One guy is fairly familiar with the property but the others are not yet. The property looks really good but only has one drawback that I can see right now. There are two roads that cut through the property. these are rough gravel back roads but still easily accessible to people. Does anyone have any recommendations for protecting the property from poaching and other potential problems? What do some of y'all do to keep people from coming on the property? We will be posting signs along the roads as well as running some cameras and stuff like that but I was just wandering what y'all do or recommend on something like this. Thanks!

jlanecr500

If you lease the property with full rights then you can enforce trespassing.
If you only lease the hunting rights, you have no power at all. That power belongs to the landowner.

Coldfusion

Cameras, signs, and purple paint is about all you can do, short of spending lots and lots of time there. Unless the owner allows you to fence, which still only does so much. If someone is determined to commit a crime, they will. Good luck I know first hand how frustrating poachers are.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

csi-tech

We put the neighbors on blast that we had road hunters who were killing our deer. One of them caught the guys red handed, got the tag number and called them in. The game warden was waiting on them when they pulled into their driveway.

Coldfusion

csi-tech":3ez9x81p said:
We put the neighbors on blast that we had road hunters who were killing our deer. One of them caught the guys red handed, got the tag number and called them in. The game warden was waiting on them when they pulled into their driveway.
That's awesome

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk