• Help Support TNDeer:

Prolly wrong place

brassmagnet

Need input on 2021 Tundra or Silverado, got it down to those. Don't anticipate towing much, but don't want to rule out a pontoon. I generally drive under 10,000 miles a year. But I do have a skid steer I may need to move, not likely though. Heard the Tundra rides rough, but, 40 years of trucking has numbed my luxurious ride appeal. I just don't want to wish I had gotten something else, this will likely be the last vehicle I own.

Walker817

Tundra all the way. I bought mine new in 2003 and have not had any issues in all those years. I did end up changing thermostat and original antifreeze last week. Just because I felt like heat was not getting hot as fast as it used too. Works great now. Now if I can only get another 17 years out of it.

Omega

Mine is a 2010 Tacoma, don't need a full size, but a friend has a Tundra, and, at least to me, his seems to ride smoother. As to reliability, just can't go against Toyota, loved them since I bought a used 81' back in 89-90, hardly any maintenance issues except the usual wear and tear stuff.

K-dub

Tundra. Always had Chevrolet’s and have a 2020 Silverado as a company truck now, would not personally buy. I have a tundra as my personal vehicle at this point and will never own anything but a Toyota from now on, had it 7 years. Chevys are rust buckets that won’t hold oil for the past 20 years.

Bigswede3423

Have a 2018 Tundra. Absolutely love it. I think it rides great but I haven’t ridden in a newer Silverado. Tundra doesn’t have as many bells and whistles but that’s how I like it. Rumor has it that the 2021 or 2022 Tundra will have a turbo V6 so if you want the big V8 I would buy now.

brassmagnet

Thanks guys, I signed the papers on a 2021 double cab today, I test drove a 2 wheel drive and when I had an open stretch of road I floored it. That 5.7 is stout! It should be here Mo. or Tu. Salesman said that cab goes away next year, and he wasn't sure about that motor. More often than not I just go to the messican place down the hill, maybe 100 yards. I don't drive to get gas mileage, I drive to get where I'm going.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, I signed the papers on a 2021 double cab today, I test drove a 2 wheel drive and when I had an open stretch of road I floored it. That 5.7 is stout! It should be here Mo. or Tu. Salesman said that cab goes away next year, and he wasn't sure about that motor. More often than not I just go to the messican place down the hill, maybe 100 yards. I don't drive to get gas mileage, I drive to get where I'm going.
Where are the pictures? I’m getting truck envy but always shocked at the prices they charge.

DoubleRidge

" I don't drive to get gas mileage, I drive to get where I'm going"

Great line.....I may borrow that one sometime.

Congrats on the new ride.

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts