Problem with neighbor

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
so here is the story at my lease I have 2 neighbors. In which one i had a run in last gun season when he informed me i can't hunt the land that don't belong to him because it was to close to his house. Ok fast forward to this year i have 3 stands and 3 cameras running.we hunt the lease Saturday and Sunday sometimes never threw the week. So every time I pull cards on Saturday morning walking in gives me something to look at before daylight well only pictures I get is Friday night and early Saturday morning before we get there. I told my hunting buddy something is up fast forward to last weekend same situation. We are still seeing deer so my buddy said he was going to go hunt Monday well all makes since now he said before daylight someone walked in headed straight to the satnd he was in he flashed his light and he turned around and left. I informed my buddy to move all camera get them high and watch the stands from a distance and try to catch this guy. Now I just got to figure out which neighbor it is which I'm pretty sure I know who it is I just need evidence. I am going over there Friday morning in hopes he tries to come hunt one of my stands so I can catch him red handed. Wish me luck it may get ugly

Carlos

Maybe you could rig up a camera with pepper spray. Let him mess with that one, lol

Racknquack

Have you seen the video of someone rigging a trip wire to a paint gun? Guys eases into his spot in the dark and gets paint blasted. He has a camera recording it all. It's hilarious.

megalomaniac

Don't go after him for trespassing, go after the 'hunter harassment' approach. Trespassing is tougher to prosecute on leased land, but if he is doing anything to interfere or hinder your hunting, harassment charges will cause him more grief.

Hduke86

I'd set a camera hidden higher up overlooking a camera that is at standard height or get a cheap cell cam so if he is erasing pictures it would already be sent to your phone but I know that has to be infuriating for sure and if I was walking in thinking he was in the stand I would most definitely have my phone out video recording the situation so everything would be well documented

rrptdp

Yes good point be careful going in Friday morning he could be already sitting in the stand your planning on hunting in when you get there

Hunter 257W

Sounds like this character noticed that you never hunted weekdays and is taking advantage of that. The best way to combat that is to start taking off random days during the week to hunt. Be there at any time. It's amazing the nerve some people have with hunting somebody else's land when they think they won't get caught. Last year I had some peckerwood put up a tripod stand out in the middle of my largest field on a hill where you could see it from literally half a mile away right after Opening day of Rifle season. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on about Tuesday morning that week. A log chain and a long drag behind a pickup truck put and end to that crap real fast.

Farm manager

I have left notes in stands or if on a border situation placed posted signs around the stand or if known, where the fellow is entering the property. The landowner would seem to have some responsibility in helping with keeping trespassers off.

eightpointer

Unfortunately the GW don't get involved in trespassing usually. And the local sheriff just don't give a rip. Now when someone accidentally gets shot it's a bigger deal.

MUP

Are you for sure it's actually one of your neighbors? I have several neighbors and have umpteen trespassers from all over trying to come onto my property at all times. Regardless I suppose, I hope you catch them!

reloadxx

2-Step Enabled
Are you for sure it's actually one of your neighbors? I have several neighbors and have umpteen trespassers from all over trying to come onto my property at all times. Regardless I suppose, I hope you catch them!
No I'm not positive its one of my neighbors just a gut filling. I have talked to game warden he said all I got to do is catch him with a weapon on my lease and they would charge him with trespassing and hunting on private property. He did say the trespassing is a $300 fine and hunting on private property he would loose his license for a year.