Probably the strangest thing i have seen while hunting

GRIT

Was hunting this afternoon and had 4 big doe,s come in and 2 fawns the fawns was around 60 pounds each.I was watching them when one of the fawns takes off and jumps in the creek i was like what is she doing then this little 4pt comes running after her she takes off running right towards my stand then i look back at him he jumps in the creek and up a steep bank and a limb knocked off one side of his rack.When i got down i went and got his shed that fell off.
Thought it was pretty cool to watch it never seen nothing like that before.

246a743e83.jpg

pass-thru

I can't tell if the pedicle is injured from the pic. Some deer start shedding now but sounds like that one had some help.

Mike Belt

There's a difference between knocked off and dropped off. That one looks like it may result in damage to future growth.

A couple of the strangest things I've seen along those lines was on the drive home from hunting. I pass by this small pond on the side of the highway. It has a small point of bank jutting out into it. As I drove by a deer came running out of the woods and ran around the bank out onto that point. He never let up and left the ground looking like a retriever going after a duck. He flew through the air into the water and then just stood there. I never saw anything chasing him. Another time I was set up on the side of a small flowing creek. There was a tree limb hanging over it. A small buck came charging through the woods and attempted to jump across the creek right under that limb. His antlers hit it and it flipped him downward into the creek. He looked dumbfounded.

Winchester

Sounds like that fawn is getting big enough to come in to heat. That shed looks pretty normal to me, Ive found lots in the spring still bloody with actual fragments attached.

cbhunter

Mike Belt":3cln666u said:
There's a difference between knocked off and dropped off. That one looks like it may result in damage to future growth.

One of the strangest things I've seen along those lines was on the drive home from hunting. I pass by this small pond on the side of the highway. It has a small point of bank jutting out into it. As I drove by a deer came running out of the woods and ran around the bank out onto that point. He never let up and left the ground looking like a retriever going after a duck. He flew through the air into the water and then just stood there. I never saw anything chasing him.

Could it have just been shot?

Latest posts