Priority points

GUNNERX2

How many priority points is it going to take to be successful in the WMA drawing. When I first put in 4 years ago, I had 0 points and got a pool at Thorney. I've got 3 points this year but it may not be enough as the popularity has grown.

Displaced_Vol

Last year I got drawn with 0, but it was only a 1-day Hunt, most were 2 or 3. This was Thorny Cypress.
Depends on pool & dates I'd say.

What day do they actually do the drawing?

Levee Jumper

Point creep is real, it takes a little more every year. I think the secret will become choosing slightly less desirable holes and hunting them every 1-2 years opposed to hunting the very best holes every 3-5 years. IMO, If hunted right, marginal holes will out produce the best holes when the best holes are hunted poorly (I.e poor hide, poor calling, few decoys, no motion, etc.) which most often is the case given the draw system currently in place.

drake799

Lever Jumper is exactly right. The points are just going to keep goin up It's already hard to draw a spot. It's gonna get about impossible with the current regulations

Displaced_Vol

That's really interesting stuff. Here in KY our main waterfowl area has refunded points to drawn hunters due to extensive flooding cutting off access for large portions of the last two seasons. This has led to an immediate jump in the required points for desirable dates.

TAFKAP

GUNNERX2":1ihj7aqq said:
How many priority points is it going to take to be successful in the WMA drawing. When I first put in 4 years ago, I had 0 points and got a pool at Thorney. I've got 3 points this year but it may not be enough as the popularity has grown.

I've been drawn at Shelby Forest before with no points or 1 point. This year, I'm hoping my 1 point will get it. If not, the word may be out.

Also, with Christmas being on a Friday this year, the 12/24 - 12/26 slot may be open for the hand drawings at a lot of places.