• Help Support TNDeer:

Prices

beagler64

Prices are sooo high not even inquiring about lumber material, etc. Boats seem soo expensive now than 5 years ago. Will things go cheaper next year with the economy opening back up? Not paying a price I could have gotten it 10 years ago for.

jlanecr500

Supporter
I'm selling things that I've been meaning to sell for a while. Also, things that I don't have near future plans for, like a 454 chevy engine. I've got an ls big block for a future project so the 454 has got to go. I sold a boat and a motorcycle this week and both sold in less than 24 hours at my selling price. FB marketplace is on fire. I had 23 people interested and wanting to come see a Runabout with no engine.

Crow Terminator

Stuff is selling crazy high, supplies are low, and it has spurred a feeding frenzy with people wanting to buy everything that IS available. My biggest question is...where are they getting the money to buy all of it? Those stimulus checks couldn’t have stretched that far lol. And I don’t think even the ones staying home getting checks because of Covid can be stretching the $ that far.

I know 2 different people that got the idea to list their houses for sale because all they were looking at was how much profit they could make vs what they originally paid for the homes. They didn’t think about *why* the houses could be sold for what they sold for...and that they might not be able to find another house anywhere near the size of what they had just sold. One of them ended up having to buy a used doublewide just to have a place to live.

Wildcat

They are getting it from the govt.

Money YOU, YOURSELF earn from your work and investments in business and other things that HELPS GROWTH is real money.

Govt money is like a credit card!! Buy now and pay later WITH INTEREST. There is no real value in it.

The difference between Govt money now and in WW II is back in WW II people BOUGHT War Bonds, the PEOPLE paid for it themselves with their own money and the govt paid them back over time. This time the govt is just giving people money for nothing.

Think of it this way. Something cost you $5, you used to get 5 $1 bills to pay for it, that was the VALUE of it. Get out your monopoly game set. Take out 5 $1 bills in monopoly money, govt money, add those monopoly bills to your REAL 5 $1 bills. You now have $10 but the VALUE of that $10 is still only $5. So from now on when you or anybody SELL something to get the $5 VALUE you must sell it for more, up to $10 to make a REAL profit.

DeerCamp

Supporter
It's far from over.
Or not.

Depending on who you ask.

Andy S.

Generally speaking, Americans are the BEST in the world at SPENDING (many times what they do not have), and close to the WORST in the world at SAVING. This current environment just fuels that fire for many. Yet there are A LOT of US citizens who have worked a ton of hours, banked the funds, and invested them over the last 14 months. The last I thing I want to do is owe someone money. Pay yourself first should be a top priority in one's life, and work to create generational wealth over the course of your life, your kid's lives and their kid's lives. As a minimum, it should be a goal, yet so few ever give it a second thought.

With that said, several economists predict the inflation will continue to swell over the next few years and eventually interest rates will tick up to slow it, so they are advising consumers/investors/etc to secure debt NOW out ahead of of even higher prices and higher interest rates in years to come. This theory has proven true over the last few years, at least with costs continuing to swell, not so much with interest rates yet. Food for thought.

Snake

Supporter
Stuff is selling crazy high, supplies are low, and it has spurred a feeding frenzy with people wanting to buy everything that IS available. My biggest question is...where are they getting the money to buy all of it? Those stimulus checks couldn’t have stretched that far lol. And I don’t think even the ones staying home getting checks because of Covid can be stretching the $ that far.

I know 2 different people that got the idea to list their houses for sale because all they were looking at was how much profit they could make vs what they originally paid for the homes. They didn’t think about *why* the houses could be sold for what they sold for...and that they might not be able to find another house anywhere near the size of what they had just sold. One of them ended up having to buy a used doublewide just to have a place to live.
People are going in debt thats how they are getting the money ! Glad I'm out of debt . Kinda wished I hadn't bought that side by side but its got a clear title and I'm going to set it up for street legal to drive short distances just got to put this signal/horn kit on it .

Gravey

I want to add a lean-to top only to my barn that will be 16’ x 60’. Back in February I did a rough estimate for the materials and it was around $3000. Yesterday I went to the place to pick up a couple things and had them run a quote for it and it was $4800. Guess that will wait because I refuse to pay that.

NICHOLS3

I sold my house once I saw what my neighbor got BUT only because I had a place to rent till the market corrects. Im getting ready to throw 2 boats on mkt place and was looking for comparable boats but there isnt anything out there its crazy right now.

Latest posts