President's Island Review

UpperTully

If the TWRA sets the regs (9 point or better and allowing the killing of spikes) and the dates of the hunt (October archery hunt for what could have been a once in a lifetime opportunity) they absolutely had EVERYTHING to with "ruining" of the island

Further more, let me elaborate more what's ruined the hunting at the Island.

See the attached image showing annual rain fall amounts over the past 100 years.

Look at the far right column and take note of the totals in blue. Record rainfalls have occurred across this country between 2011-2019.

Pittsburg, St Louis, Memphis, Columbus, Louisville, Madison, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Rapid City, Kansas City, North Platte are withing the watershed of the Mississippi River. All of that water flows right by Memphis.

I may very well be off based but I personally question the flood management approach of TVA. The TVA will flat out dump the Tennessee River with a quickness rather than doing it in moderation. All of that water stacks up and fills up the Miss River Bottoms from Kentucky to Mississippi.

Either way, it's not just Presidents Island. It's every ounce of wildlife within the Miss alluvial flood plains of Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana has been impacted by these flood events in the past 10 years

Attachments

• Decadal-precip-cities-table-1of2.jpg
    Decadal-precip-cities-table-1of2.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 32

bowhunterfanatic

Further more, let me elaborate more what's ruined the hunting at the Island.

See the attached image showing annual rain fall amounts over the past 100 years.

Look at the far right column and take note of the totals in blue. Record rainfalls have occurred across this country between 2011-2019.

Pittsburg, St Louis, Memphis, Columbus, Louisville, Madison, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Rapid City, Kansas City, North Platte are withing the watershed of the Mississippi River. All of that water flows right by Memphis.

I may very well be off based but I personally question the flood management approach of TVA. The TVA will flat out dump the Tennessee River with a quickness rather than doing it in moderation. All of that water stacks up and fills up the Miss River Bottoms from Kentucky to Mississippi.

Either way, it's not just Presidents Island. It's every ounce of wildlife within the Miss alluvial flood plains of Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana has been impacted by these flood events in the past 10 years
This won't add much to the conversation, so I'll go ahead and apologize for that, but I could not agree more on questioning the flood management approach of TVA. I don't know the ins and outs of moving and holding water but I know of many instances where the lakes were at roughly normal winter pool and they still have flood gates wide open letting tons of water go through the system. I never understand why they won't use the lakes to hold more water and slowly flush it through the system.

UpperTully

This won't add much to the conversation, so I'll go ahead and apologize for that, but I could not agree more on questioning the flood management approach of TVA. I don't know the ins and outs of moving and holding water but I know of many instances where the lakes were at roughly normal winter pool and they still have flood gates wide open letting tons of water go through the system. I never understand why they won't use the lakes to hold more water and slowly flush it through the system.
Well, I don't feel so crazy for thinking it now.

Latest posts