Prepping the garden

Omega

So many of my seedlings are about ready to transplant so started to prep the garden. I got all the weeds out and tilled it again, this time going to cover the entire surface with weed barrier. I had just done strips, and while it works to keep the weeds away from the plants, the uncovered areas get full of weeds, and eventually interfere with the vegetables..

Previous years:
vWdL9Kf.jpg

2022 newly tilled - Also notice the neighbors fence, been down for months :mad: .
McHQyLv.jpg

Rocks that have been missed for over 5 years, even a big brick piece.
vYgyqTH.jpg

Added potash, to get the soil a little more PH, said to be good for my jalapenos, which I am in need of as I can't find spicy ones anywhere.
jssw60q.jpg

So waiting for a promised rain so it could get the potash/potassium watered in, so then I could lay the weed barrier and burn some holes in it for the veggi plants, well my daughters dog decided he lost something in the garden, in all three sections. And mother nature decided that just a few drops was enough until later that night. So not enough time to continue, will have to do it in the evening after work.

N81S7Oi.jpg

Fc0B690.jpg

f2waWhH.jpg

WTM

when we moved to our new place 9 years ago i pulled enough river rocks to put all the way around our house 4 feet wide. lol, they must have used that spot to bury the left over building materials because i found sheet eock, bricks, etc. i sheared about 100 pins in my tiller tines. i told my wife im quitting if i find a dead body.

a tip on getting hot peppers, stress them. dont work them too much and only water them when they need it and dont feed them too much nitrogen. the potassium will help, good for tomatoes as well.

good luck

Latest posts