Prentice Cooper

Jroberts238

Thinking about going again in the morning. Had a guy setup on me about 50 or so yards away today. I must have been pretty darn good hid because he never saw me. He did however kill a nice gobbler I had been listening too all morning.....oh well.

Still have yet to get my first.

wayne

I have thought about giving PC a try. Are there a lot of hunters like on the archery hunts?

Jroberts238

Not sure, this was the first time I went. There was a lot of hunters show up about an hour after I did. I could just barely see the main road from where I was.

Definitely a lot of wildlife. I watched probably 15 deer graze while I was there.

G8rntn

Jroberts238 said:
Thinking about going again in the morning. Had a guy setup on me about 50 or so yards away today. I must have been pretty darn good hid because he never saw me. He did however kill a nice gobbler I had been listening too all morning.....oh well.

He killed it while he was still set up 50 yards from you????

Jroberts238

G8rntn said:
Jroberts238 said:

He killed it while he was still set up 50 yards from you????

Yup, he was turned facing up the little clearing I was on. His shooting lanes wasn't in my direction so I didnt try to alert him because all morning I heard the gobbles coming from the oppsite direction and had positioned myself to where I thought the bird would walk out from.

But I was wrong bird came in right to him.

Latest posts