Prentice Cooper First Timer

SpurChaser

Title says it all. Got drawn for the early September bow hunt at Prentice Cooper. I have ridden some of the trails and camped out there once, but never hunted.

Any insight would be great. Is camping allowed for permit holders during the time of their hunt? I'd love to camp out there and hunt all three days.

Tarsalman

Yes you can camp there. They have a designated camping area. I have hunted there several times during the early archery hunt and have always seen alot of deer. It helps alot to scout a few areas first. I always see a lot of trails and sign along the edges of steep terrain. A good friend of mine has had several close encounters with some good bucks on the youth hunt with his son. It's a fun place to hunt that has some steep and challenging terrain, and if you use it to your advantage it could possibly give you the upper hand. Good luck...

Hduke86

Outside the gate ANYONE can camp in the campground but I believe you need to be hunting in order to camp at Davis Pond but you may need to double check that you can even camp at Davis pond for a hunt since it's behind the gate. Don't be surprised if you see "drifters" camping next to you. I've never had a problem but most times you'll have the few kidnapper vans in there.

Mtncur76

Remember my first time there probably 20yrs ago was a car still burning in parking lot and found 2 more still smoldering while scouting never been back

Fearless

You cant camp at Davis Pond during big game hunts, the hunters camp at the gate was clean last weekend a lot of utv and atv people camped there.

Latest posts