Preferred method to boil water?

gil1

Here's some worthless water boiling trivia for you. I don't follow this, but it's supposedly true.

"So why don't we always cook with hot tap water? What's wrong with saving a little time? The answer can be summed up in a word: lead. Hot water dissolves lead in home plumbing more quickly than cold water, and far and away most of the lead that comes out of our taps comes from our own home plumbing. Whether you live in a very old home with lead pipes or a very new home with copper piping joined with lead-containing solder, hot tap contains more lead than cold. In recognition of this, the EPA advises consumers to always use cold water for cooking."

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I did not know the lead thing. I know the hot water heater has alot of sediment and other inpurities. I have a whole house water filter and a seperate one for cold water. I usally will nuke a cup or 2 of water for boiling. If I need a big pot I do it on the stove.

OldFussNFeathers

3568B5DE-A024-446A-AC88-266363FB2776.jpeg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Here's some worthless water boiling trivia for you. I don't follow this, but it's supposedly true.

"So why don't we always cook with hot tap water? What's wrong with saving a little time? The answer can be summed up in a word: lead. Hot water dissolves lead in home plumbing more quickly than cold water, and far and away most of the lead that comes out of our taps comes from our own home plumbing. Whether you live in a very old home with lead pipes or a very new home with copper piping joined with lead-containing solder, hot tap contains more lead than cold. In recognition of this, the EPA advises consumers to always use cold water for cooking."
1675206031014.jpeg

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
I have contacted him at least 3 times and asked for help.
You're going to be banned for being a nuisance. I'm serious. Under this account, you have made 0 attempts to reach me.

You have 3 other accounts I've merged for you. You were logged in the account last Wednesday.
Not sure how to do a Password reset? Here are the instructions.
If you need to reset your password, please follow these instructions:
Ensure your email is up to date. you can go to Account Details or click the link below.
https://www.tndeer.com/account/account-details

If correct, and you should go to the next step.
Log out of TNDeer or open the logo in an Incognito Window.
Click Login, and then Forgot Password.
Or you may click https://www.tndeer.com/lost-password/

If you attempt to reset your password while logged in, you will get an error message.

Use a password manager, like the one built into Safari, Chrome, or Firefox (they're free).
I personally enjoy using 1Password program to keep all my passwords, and two-step login information secure in one location.
There are other options that work just as well, this one works for me.
I'm happy to help, but you seem to be missing a step or two.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
Update: I've also now merged the two accounts together. I understand it's frustrating when technology doesn't work the way you expect it to.
It's also frustrating when communication breaks down.

Latest posts