Predator rifle

TnBob

I'm looking to buy a predator rifle for use on bobcats and coyotes. Want something that will anchor the coyotes but not blow huge holes in a bobcat pelt. Got it narrowed down to .17 Hornet or .204 Ruger. And narrowed to two rifles. Savage Walking varminter in either caliber or Ruger's American predator in .204. Anybody have either of these?

Smoke

Don't have either rifle you mentioned but do have a Remington R15 in 204 Ruger. Ive shot a pile of coyotes with it but haven't got to try it out on a cat yet. I shoot the 32 gr Vmax and most of the time youll have a hard time finding where the bullet hit. I have had it splash on one coyote and you could stick your fist in it. Only ever had two move after the shot and he wasn't moving too fast.

TnBob

17 Hornet would be the choice in that caliber. Does anybody make a rifle in 17 Rem now? I cant seem to find any. I think the 204 would have more range on the coyotes than the Hornet. Only thing with 204 is I saw a bobcat shot with it a few years ago. It was hit in the neck and almost took its head off. Likely wouldn't be so bad on a more solid body shot.

Bodine270

I vote for the .204. Awesome round. I have a CZ and it is a tack driving gun. I have no problem finding ammo either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitehunter17

Ive shot a .204 in a savage. Very very accurate little gun. Would be perfect for yotes and bobcats both.