• Help Support TNDeer:

Prayers appreciated

JeepKuntry

It’s been an evening for me. We celebrate our oldest birthday party then my wife says she wants a divorce. No counseling just done. Her parents have been mia for years yet it my fault for not asking my parents to watch the kids. Honestly I feel bad when they pick them up and watch them after school. Just remember me going forward. This changes everything and it appears more changes will have to come in terms of employment. Gotta have medical coverage.

Gravey

Prayers for you. Been there done that and thought it was the worst thing ever. I’ll go to my grave hating it for my kids (they were 16 and 13 at the time) but was a blessing in disguise for me. I later met a lady that is my best friend and we enjoy doing everything together. It’s dang near scary but my kids love her to death too. They’re 21 and 18 (well he will be in 9 days). Dated 2 years and been married a little over 2 now. Keep your head up as there are better days ahead. If you need someone to talk to shoot me a pm and I’ll send you my #. I had a couple folks I vented to and it was great for me to have those outlets.

cbhunter

Supporter
Prayers for your family. If you love her, keep fighting for her as long as you can, maybe something will change her heart. My sister fought for her husband when it would have been easier to give him what he asked for. Most everyone else thought she was crazy to keep on but it worked out in the end. She refused to give up on her marriage although she had plenty reason to by most anyone’s standards.

MUP

Supporter
I am so sorry to hear this buddy. I've been there too, and it's not an easy path to have to walk. First off my prayers for you and your family have been asked. There has been good experienced advice given from our TnDeer family thus far, and I'll only reiterate the same, first to try all that you can to reconcile, then, if it happens that she just can't continue with her part of this marriage, then know that it is not the end, and that better days will come.

jetwrnch

Supporter
If the divorce is a complete surprise, and you don't want it, find out what the real problem is. Could be hormones gone crazy, medication or just a cry for help. I wish you the best. You're on a hard road that can lead to your very best days. I'm proof of that. I thought my divorce was gonna kill me, but my current wife is the best thing that ever happened to me. My ex and I are still very close friends. She and my wife are even friends. We all 3 even do things together. (Stop it MUP. I mean like dinner) Divorce doesn't have to mean enemies, just a different arrangement.

Last edited:

Wiley

No matter what's going through your mind about her or yourself at any point through this, be certain that the kids come first EVERY DAY. I've been there and the easiest thing in the world is to become self centered. Take care of the kids 24/7/365 in whatever way you can. They will remember all of this for the rest of their lives and the impact on them should be as little as possible through action by both parents. I'm praying for all involved. God bless you.

mike243

Prayers sent, went thru 1 37 years ago and been remarried 36, do the best you can for the kids and the rest will fall in line,

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

Latest posts