Poult report 2022

Bgoodman30

IMG_3295 (1).JPG

Finally see some poults and they're in my own backyard! The woods behind my house have been since cleared to plant more houses... I guess we might now see a suburban flock now that the predators have moved out...

Hunter0678

Cam across 2 separate hens last week that both were nesting on eggs still, one nest had 6 eggs and the other I couldnt get a good count on as they were deep in a downed tree top from logging.

deerfever

Up here on the tractor and low and behold I round the corner and there is a hen with 8 good sized standing in my clover! I was also sent a picture of two hens with a bundle of them this week. Looks like a great year!

Last edited:

Wrangler95

I went for a short ride in the neighborhood this evening and saw several half grown poults and a few hens in the road!

tellico4x4

Saw multiple groups of hens & poults last week in Wayne Co while on tractor. Some had 1-2 others 7-8. All & all I think we had a very good hatch.

We've been in the study area for past two years and both years had great hatches. Know that it takes 3 years to make a trend but believe the 2 week delay was a plus, at least for us.

drake799

I finally seen some today. 3 hens had 9 poults all very good size I've seen idk how many hens since spring and this has been my first poult sighting

Buzzard Breath

I was all over Lewis County this morning and saw a lot of poults. I think they're getting big enough they're much easier to see.

SES

Thought I had just 1 poult, but another hen brought 7 more poults in to the back yard a couple weeks ago for a total of 8 for me.
92E262FE-59EB-4F70-AA64-990E90ECA9F9.jpeg

Latest posts