Post holiday blues

duckduck84

duckduck84

Anybody else ever feel a little down after the holidays are over? 2017 went by really fast for me with a busy work year and deciding to go back to school and everything from Thanksgiving through New Years seems like it was gone in a blink. Christmas stuff got packed away quickly the other day, all the neighbors took their stuff down and it just looks dark in my neighborhood now.

Headed out for one of my last hunts this year, last day off of my Christmas vacation, and its all just kinda got me feeling deflated. Honestly ready to get back to a regular routine, maybe I've just been sitting around with too much time on my hands.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Yep.
Looked forward to that week off, from December 23 till today, for a long time.
Best 3 days of duck hunting of the year fell during that week.

I got to hunt once with my son on Christmas Eve and basically everything that could go wrong did.
Got everything put away the day after Christmas and was looking forward to duck hunting every day with a couple friends on here.
Got sick that night and spent the rest of the week laid up in bed and / or the recliner.
Did absolutely nothing, felt like doing nothing.
Unexpected bill popped up that has thrown a wrench in the plans I had for the next two months.
Hunted one more time yesterday with my son and it didn't go any better than the one on Christmas eve.
Wife is still down and that in itself pretty much ruined Christmas for her (and me)

Yeah I got the post holiday blues.

Got alot to be thankful for but I sure could use a break in my luck, it would help alot.

E

eddie c

i'm not ready to get back to work but I've been ready for it to be over with from about Thanksgiving.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Yep I always dread seeing the decorations go. Took down the outside wreaths off the windows, lights, and the rest yesterday.

DaveB

DaveB

I get that run-down feeling around March.

This year, I am going to try to get to Arkansas and kill 12 million Snows during the Conservation Hunt. I know that is ambitious but with my AR i have to do better than a shotgun.

Anyone know someone what owns land and has geeses on it?

Who wants to come with me?

rem270

rem270

Supporter
DaveB":2zw7l4tb said:

This year, I am going to try to get to Arkansas and kill 12 million Snows during the Conservation Hunt. I know that is ambitious but with my AR i have to do better than a shotgun.

Where ya going and when? I might be down to go!!

DaveB

DaveB

Well, Arkansas or Missouri boot heel.

Must be at least a few folks who don't want to finance a Beverly Hills mansion off a bunch of noisy geese.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
rem270":6xgvjyyq said:
DaveB":6xgvjyyq said:

if y’all get some kind of plan going and ideas on prices, let me know and I might can work something out to go!!! Always wanted to try it. While in Tunica the last couple days I seen a few few fields with several hundred or so in them.

To the OP, yes I have a case of the blues. Not so much because the holidays are over but because yesterday I came home to frozen and busted water lines and then my transmission went out last night. I’ll get over it and am still blessed. Working on pipes now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O

OldGoat68

Def get those after holiday run down feelings, usually through Feb. Going to try some early clays shooting to get outside and then chase some of the great white flock of snows across Arkansas. Hope it helps me. Good luck.

duckduck84

duckduck84

cbhunter":38bro37w said:
rem270":38bro37w said:
DaveB":38bro37w said:

if y’all get some kind of plan going and ideas on prices, let me know and I might can work something out to go!!! Always wanted to try it. While in Tunica the last couple days I seen a few few fields with several hundred or so in them.

To the OP, yes I have a case of the blues. Not so much because the holidays are over but because yesterday I came home to frozen and busted water lines and then my transmission went out last night. I’ll get over it and am still blessed. Working on pipes now

Cb, I hate to hear that man, praying your 2018 gets better for you!

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
duckduck84":12aqnx7h said:
cbhunter":12aqnx7h said:
rem270":12aqnx7h said:
DaveB said:

Cb, I hate to hear that man, praying your 2018 gets better for you!

Thanks man but it’s all good. Got running water again and still have my other truck to drive.

B

blondebear

i use the completion of each holiday,new years and the superbowl as bench marks to keep the winter doldrums away.

with celebrating christmas elsewhere taking down my decorations is not a problem. i just pick up the remote and flip the channel off the dish yule log programming. usually though i do set up my motion detecting singing christmas tree , but the cats have gotten used to it and don't jump a foot in the air anymore. spoil sports.

foodplot

foodplot

yeah i get those after christmas blues also....i typically don't take any time off from work other than a day here and there for some purpose from New years until July 4th week....i call it the long stretch... however i use Jan-March to make improvements on my property/food plot areas etc. (weather permitting) no snakes! no mosquitos! no yellow jackets!