Possible huge news for UT football

Vermin93

Gunner Kiel, the 5-star recruit and #1 rated high school QB in the class of 2012, announced today that he is transferring from Notre Dame. Kiel is from Indiana, and in 2011 he originally committed to Indiana University, then he changed his mind and committed to LSU, then he changed his mind and committed to Notre Dame. He was a redshirt freshman this past season and did not play. He is 6'4", 220lbs with a monster arm, good foot speed and very good accuracy.

Rumor is he is strongly considering transferring to UT.

This sucks for Notre Dame, as he would have been a very good backup in case Golson gets hurt. Whatever team gets him is getting a heckuva QB.

easy45

Definitely would be good, of course if he transfers then we will probably lose one of our 4 star QBs we signed in this last class.

scn

Supporter
I hope it isn't TN. The kid has been a head case throughout his recruitment. I'm very pleased with the two QBs they signed this year and the two that are on campus right now.

Andy S.

Best of luck to the young man, but as many times as he has transferred, I would not put any stock in any of his intentions.

Vermin93

Andy S. said:
Best of luck to the young man, but as many times as he has transferred, I would not put any stock in any of his intentions.

This is his first official transfer. He will have to sit out an entire season and will lose that year of eligibility. The previous incidents were him changing his mind during his high school recruitment. I believe his next stop will be his last. He has the talent to be a starter for a major program and doesn't want to sit on the bench behind Golson the next 3 years. I would venture to say that he never thought Golson would lead ND to 12-0 during the regular season.

knightrider

i thought they had announced the changing of their uniforms to black and white stripped with back up solid orange jump suits

jos3ywales

He doesn't need to come here he left there cause of his big head. He thought he was better than every one and the workouts were to tough. he would do the same thing here and we don't need anyone bringing down other guys because of there attitude. We have a good Freshamn QB in here this year and Peterman is good too

farmin68

jos3ywales said:
He doesn't need to come here he left there cause of his big head. He thought he was better than every one and the workouts were to tough.

After seeing the national title game, the Notre Dame workouts obviously aren't tough enough. Plus, if he thinks they are tough at ND, he needs to watch some of the YouTube videos of the offseason UT workouts. That'll skeer him off!

knoxvol

[color:#FFFFFF].[/color]
UT head coach Butch Jones offered Gunner Kiel a scholarship when he was at Cincinnati.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... iel-102803

All of the other offers for Kiel came from flagship state universities except for Vanderbilt, Northwestern, USC, and TCU.

Jones also offered Nathan Peterman a scholarship when he was at Cincinnati.

In the case of Kiel great athletic ability does not always lead to great QB play. Proper adjustment between the ears is just as important.

Since Kiel redshirted at Notre Dame this year he is eligible this fall.

Vermin93

DSL_Connector said:
[color:#FFFFFF].[/color]Since Kiel redshirted at Notre Dame this year he is eligible this fall.

I could be wrong, but I do not think this is the case. If he transfers to a FBS school, I'm pretty sure he has to sit out a year.

Latest posts