I'm not really interested in your secret BBQ sauce, but more on
how you cook them.

Temp?
Time?
Foil?
No Foil?
Rest is cooler?
Par Boil first?

I pull the skin off the back of my ribs, and try to keep my fire around 200 degrees.
inderect heat fire box on the side.
about 3 hours into it, I start keeping a close eye on them bending them every five minutes to check for tenderness
Slop on sauce at this time for wet ribs sprinkle on rub for dry ribs.
I don't care to wrap my ribs with foil half way through the cooking process nor do I put them in a cooler to finish them off.
I cook mine on the grill start to finish.

BMan

I rarely cook mine on the grill other than to finish them up; I can't seem to keep a constant temperature where I want it, and don't have the time to really mess with it.

What I DO is cook them at 225 in the oven inside a turkey bag; keeps them moist and makes cleanup easier. I'll throw them on the grill to slightly sear and add sauce.

Membrane removal is VERY important.

Model 1

Temp:225 / famous daves rib rub and brown sugar/time: 2 hours with hickory or apple wood on the smoker. Then wrap in foil add squeeze butter and tiger sauce for 2 more hours/ take foil off and apply BBQ sauce, put back in smoker for 45 minutes to an hour. Take out and let rest for about 20 minutes( unless your like me and am to hungry to wait) enjoy. This is for baby back. If using spare or St. Louis style use 3 hours then 2 hours wrapped then 1 hour with sauce. If not using a water smoker spritz with apple juice during the first couple hours.

feathersandfur2214

2-Step Enabled
Remove the membrane. Apply light rub and let sit for 1 hr.In the smoker at 225 with apple chips for around 2 hours. Wrap in aluminum foil with apple juice for 1.5 hrs.Finish off on grill.Let rest. Enjoy ! I serve my sauce on the side.

TrailWatcher

First of all no babybacks for me I prefer the 2 finger ribs (the larger ones.Then I remove the membrane and add my dry rub and put in the frig overnight. The next day I get my Primo smoker at 225 temp and add my wood chunks and my water pan with Apple cider vinegar and water. Then I place the ribs on the rack over the pan and give them about 2,5 hours of smoke. At that point I double foil wrap the ribs and remove the water pan and continue to cook at 225 for about 1,5 hours and then check for doneness....No sauce for me it's on the side if you want it...

redblood

BMan said:
I rarely cook mine on the grill other than to finish them up; I can't seem to keep a constant temperature where I want it, and don't have the time to really mess with it.

What I DO is cook them at 225 in the oven inside a turkey bag; keeps them moist and makes cleanup easier. I'll throw them on the grill to slightly sear and add sauce.

Membrane removal is VERY important.

i like this method best. and with my schedule, its almost a necessity

Diehard Hunter

I remove them membrane, the rub them with my special recipe rub and allow them to rest for about an hour. I will then smoke them with cherry or apple wood for 2 hours with indirect heat. I try to keep the temp around 225. Once they are smoked, I will wrap the ribs in aluminum foil (double wrap). Before I close the foil, I will add ingredients depending on how I want to finish the ribs. That could be home made BBQ sauce if I want wet ribs or apple juice and butter if I am going to finish them dry. After a couple of hours in the foil, I will check them for tenderness. I will finally remove them from the foil and finish them closer to the heat. If I want wet ribs I will sauce them at this time, and may resource them just before I take them off. I want the sauce to make a good glaze, I don't want it runny. If I am finishing them dry, I will do the same thing, but spray them again with apple juice a couple of times before I take them off and add the final dry rub for serving.

brmaster

doing the rib thing on sunday, doing dry rub tonight, set in fridge all night, take out about 2 hrs before time to cook, let them set and get to room temp, then its on the grill as is, heat on one side, ribs on the other
last hour add the sauce, gotta make sure the sauce gets on their and gets that blackened look to make it better

huntinkev

indirect heat at 225. I pull membrane off and sprinkle my rub on about 24 hours before. Then I stick on cooker. I wrap mine in aluminum foil after I get the color I want on my ribs. Then stick back in cooker, usually for 90 minutes, gets them good and tender. Then I will unwrap and sauce and leave them on for 20-30 minutes let the sauce get good and sticky. If I am fixing a box of ribs for people then I won't sauce and leave foil on and stick in cooler and deliver.

Oh before I wrap I have started the last few times of using a spritzer. I will squirt them down a few times while cooking and squirt down good before wrapping. several ingredients but mainly apple cider vinegar, apple cider, lemon juice, a little chipotle tabasco.

Latest posts