• Help Support TNDeer:

Pollen has got me dragging

Blackbullet

Been dragging for the past 3-4 weeks. This happens to me every year about the same time and lasts till June or so. Sleepy alot & sometimes just a slight bit dizzy. Allergy medicine just makes me more lethargic. Been taking some quercetin supplement to help lower my histamine and seems to help some but not drastically. Is anyone else battling this?

Last edited:

swd

It took me 10-15 minutes to get my breathing right in the pool swimming laps last night. I nearly gave up! I am doing my running and cycling training indoors for the next couple of weeks hoping this all passes.

Blackbullet

I'm trying to eat some broccoli along with plenty of onions 4-5 times per week. Supposedly those two things are supposed to help lower histamine levels also.

Blackbullet

Claritin has the least side effects that I have found but it still makes me weird. Zyrtec made me feel even more so abnormal. Last time allergies got me in real bad shape, I had some work I had to do in the attic at that time. I stayed up there in roughly 100-110 degrees for a couple hours and sweated like never before. After that, my allergies didn't bother me for the rest of the year. Maybe just coincidence but I might need to find some more work to do in the attic 😂.

Gronk

I’m 51 and never had an issue til about 6 or 7 years ago. Minor allergy symptoms and intermittent vertigo. Boss at the time said it was allergies and I didn’t see the connection. Rarely vertigo last several years but it seems like I’m having to take allergy meds year round now. I prefer Zyrtec over Claritin but neither give that much relief. Last couple of days/weeks have been rough especially with the drainage. Never looked into the shots.

SOUTHERN CHICK

Didn't start having allergies until about 4 years ago as I got stung & had a bad reaction first time to a bee & then after two chronic sinus infections I had sinus surgery but also had my allergies tested & I've been on Zyrtec every since & taking shots . Was on Flonase also but it didn't help . Was put on inhalers & also told to use the Neilmed rinse . It's rinses your head out good . Which I used to have excess ear drainage & ears stopped up causing Vitigo & dr had to clean ears out . Plus never use Q tips . But allergy test is so important as a friend does two years ago as he was just put in an inhaler at a Wuick clinic

jason2779

Been dragging for the past 3-4 weeks. This happens to me every year about the same time and lasts till June or so. Sleepy alot & sometimes just a slight bit dizzy. Allergy medicine just makes me more lethargic. Been taking some quercetin supplement to help lower my histamine and seems to help some but not drastically. Is anyone else battling this?
Yes I call I turkey fever every year same thing!

Latest posts