Polaris RZR owners

156p&y

I'm looking into buying a side by side and was wondering if any of you guys have a Razor. We have had several Polaris's on the farm but usually have lots of problems with them. Have any of you guys had any problems out of your RZR? I'm looking at the XP but the RZR forum has over 50 pages of problems with them. Also looking at the Can Am Maverick but it is a first generation unit and I am looking for something pretty maitenance free. I'm getting rid of my race quad because I don't have any time to race anymore.

REM7

My XP 900 has had no issues. I bought new in 2011. Just be sure to read your manual and break it in properly.

Grizzly Johnson

2-Step Enabled
There was someone on here had one for sale a couple of months back or so..... already had some performance accessories added and was for a great price!

thetoolman

That maverick looks to be one bad machine. I have never been a polaris fan, saying that I have heard pretty good things about the RZR. Being a Bombardier (CanAm) quad owner I can tell you I have been very pleased with mine.

156p&y

Seems like a lot of guys are snapping the rear axles on the earlier XPs. I was practicing for XC about three weeks ago and a guy had the Maverick. I went for a ride with him and it was pretty impressive. The only thing I hate about it is the "bed" or lack there of

Kingston

That is what I like about the Rhino-you get some of both worlds. They will haul a decent load/pull a trailer yet are nimble and quick. Narrower than the larger gators/rangers by 5-6" too.

Gravey

Supporter
My buddy is 6' 8" and had trouble getting a deer in the back of his rzr. He has a rhino too and prefers it for hunting. I too have a rhino and really like it when my son hunts with me. Otherwise I'd just as soon have my Honda 300.

jmlost

my son has a rzr. Coming from a race quad you will love the performance. Its a pain to use for anything else but to just go out and rip on its hard to beat. It has been pretty reliable for a high performance machine

156p&y

Thanks guys I've got a guy that wants to trade for my bike with a RZR. I'm thinking about it. I probably won't hunt out of it too much I use an old golf cart for that. It will mainly be for fun and safety. I can't get hurt racing anymore with the way my company is going. All off road toys are expensive but there is no way it can be more than XC racing. If I added up all I've spent in that sport I'd probably puke