Poacher rant:

TNlandowner

To the Bruceton - Carroll County poachers & trespassers that shot a buck from the Bruceton-Vale road, cut his horns off, then left his body,

After aging his jawbone, he was 2.5 years old. I noticed two bucks gone from trail camera pics: I'm guessing you killed a little buck, scoring 75" - 85". My camera was less than 100 yards from your crime... oh how I wish to see you poachers on film...

cbrock84

Pretty common out that way. I hunt on Maytown rd in bruceton an we have to call warden couple times a yr

TNlandowner

Yes, the nearby farms keep deer around us for sure. We could have a great area if folks would let the young bucks walk.

A few years ago, we clear-cut 11 acres of hard wood trees, and then planted pines near the road. Our goal was not money, but to create a thicket so poachers could not see into the hard wood forest. The effort worked: now you cannot see 5 yards into the thicket, but we still have a TVA right a way to deal with.

Based on the skeleton, I am guessing poachers shot this deer in November.

DoubleRidge

Yes, the nearby farms keep deer around us for sure. We could have a great area if folks would let the young bucks walk.

A few years ago, we clear-cut 11 acres of hard wood trees, and then planted pines near the road. Our goal was not money, but to create a thicket so poachers could not see into the hard wood forest. The effort worked: now you cannot see 5 yards into the thicket, but we still have a TVA right a way to deal with.

Based on the skeleton, I am guessing poachers shot this deer in November.

Can't stand a freaking low life road hunting poacher.... frustrating.

Wonder if you could sow some variety of the super tall grass as a screen across the TVA right a way? Some of it grows 8 to 10' tall and gets thick.

Hridge

To the Bruceton - Carroll County poachers & trespassers that shot a buck from the Bruceton-Vale road, cut his horns off, then left his body,

After aging his jawbone, he was 2.5 years old. I noticed two bucks gone from trail camera pics: I'm guessing you killed a little buck, scoring 75" - 85". My camera was less than 100 yards from your crime... oh how I wish to see you poachers on film...
To the poacher in Hurricane mills, hwy 230 area who killed 6 deer from the dirt road this year, we will catch you. My daughter put the young buck, whose back legs you shot off and left to suffer for 2 days, out of his misery. He was only 2 years old and perfectly symmetrical. The other buck you killed and left in the field was also 2 and only had 4pts. The third buck whose horns you cut off, was one my son (I think) had let walk for 3 yrs and would love to have legally killed. The other 3 doe you shot and left in field, would have been great to donate to those in need. We have notified the game warden and will do whatever it takes to catch you. We know who you are and where you live. Why don't you just ask for repentance and stop. It will save us all a lot of trouble. If you need a place to hunt, need meat, or just want to be a part of something, you should ask and see if we can help you.

TNlandowner

To the poacher in Hurricane mills, hwy 230 area who killed 6 deer from the dirt road this year, we will catch you. My daughter put the young buck, whose back legs you shot off and left to suffer for 2 days, out of his misery. He was only 2 years old and perfectly symmetrical. The other buck you killed and left in the field was also 2 and only had 4pts. The third buck whose horns you cut off, was one my son (I think) had let walk for 3 yrs and would love to have legally killed. The other 3 doe you shot and left in field, would have been great to donate to those in need. We have notified the game warden and will do whatever it takes to catch you. We know who you are and where you live. Why don't you just ask for repentance and stop. It will save us all a lot of trouble. If you need a place to hunt, need meat, or just want to be a part of something, you should ask and see if we can help you.
That situation is terrible! I hope you catch & prosecute the poachers.

RustyFishhook

That is one of the worst things I have ever heard.

Ski

That is one of the worst things I have ever heard.

Unfortunately it's too common. Imagine being the guy who owns the land, paid hard earned dollars for it, pays the taxes on it, pays in money and work to manage the habitat for deer, only to have some jerk drive by at night & shoot from the window. It's not just breaking game laws. It's theft. As I recall, TN enacted a restitution law a few years ago to force poachers to pay monetary value or every animal poached. I'd be happier if that money went to the land owner rather than TWRA, but it's something.

Latest posts