Pistol grip turkey gun

Smo

535 Mossberg…3 1/2" kicks like a mule…😬👍

CB6ECA52-F6B6-4DCD-9D30-54E05D24BBD6.jpeg

Gmed

Get rid of that 12 gauge and get you a 20 gauge and some TSS. It will pattern as well and kill cleanly as far with 1/3 less weight and 1/2 the recoil. Look at the Franchi Affinity Turkey models. They offer them in mossy oak bottomland and a veil cerekoted edition. About 6 1/2 pounds and set up to hunt. (By the way, they make em in 12 gauge if your just set on the gauge).

Attachments

• 6F8AC137-B044-4A56-9364-43834A55D5ED.jpeg
    6F8AC137-B044-4A56-9364-43834A55D5ED.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 48

SES

I put a Knoxx recoil reduction stock on my Remington 870 years ago. It's pistol grip and I've liked it very much.

rong

Absolutely the worst kicking gun I've ever owned. Might as well let me beat your shoulder with a baseball bat

Carlos

I wouldn't recommend getting a mossberg with a pistol grip. (I love the Mossbergs.) The thing is, with a pistol grip they require quite a bit more movement to flip the safety off, because it's on top.

Ymmv.

Mattt

Years back I had a benelli sbe2. Camo. Found a matching pistol grip stock I think at woods and water in bham sold it to a guy still uses it

Bucket

Absolutely the worst kicking gun I've ever owned. Might as well let me beat your shoulder with a baseball bat
Truth! I had one I nicknamed the mule. Made the mistake of shooting it from a canoe one time and almost went over. Got rid of that thing pronto.

As far as pistol grips go, I set up a 20 ga. 870 for my boys using an adjustable tactical stock with recoil reduction. Perfect for kids with the adjustable LOP and I like carrying it too. I can't find the exact one I got but it's similar to this:

https://www.brownells.com/shotgun-p...0-kicklite-tactical-buttstocks-prod72144.aspx

ImThere

I have a thumb hole stock Mossberg 835, it's literally the only gun I have ever shot that you feel even when you're shooting at game!!!!!
I bought a new red dot for it and after sighting it in I missed opening morning because my shoulder was too sore a week later!! It's could be forsale? Bwahahaha!

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I have a thumb hole stock Mossberg 835, it's literally the only gun I have ever shot that you feel even when you're shooting at game!!!!!
I bought a new red dot for it and after sighting it in I missed opening morning because my shoulder was too sore a week later!! It's could be forsale? Bwahahaha!
I have hunted with the 835 Ulti-mag for years. I know your pain! Its heavy, ugly and long but love that gun! I have taken every turkey I have ever fired it at and it leaves a bruise for every shot...

Coop87

Have you looked at Adaptive Tactical? I got one to put on my youth model 870 20 gauge. They were the only ones I remember having different camo options besides the Shurshot that people want an arm and leg for

CHRIS WILSON

Youth model 870s are a fun build if you can find one. I'll never tote a heavy 12 gauge for turkeys again.
Same for the youth model Mossbergs/Mavericks. I put an aftermarket pistol grip with adjustable stock on a youth model, 20 gauge Maverick 88. Makes for a very light weight package. That thing was a turkey slayer last season.

dmonty

The only problem I have with the pistol grip stocks is they dig into my back when carrying it on a sling.it does give you a steady hold when shooting so i guess there is a trade off.

Latest posts