Pine growth

Football Hunter

I've got plenty of long leaf trees I can dig up around me, im thinking fall would be a good time to transplant, just want em for shade and straw, maybe a double row on 10 x10 spacing?

square

I thought long leaf pines were further south. I just planted 60 acres of short leaf in AL just south on the TN border. The NRCS basically financed the prep and planting. They certainly don't grow as fast as loblollies. Only about 3 ft tall after 3 years.

Boll Weevil

I've got plenty of long leaf trees I can dig up around me, im thinking fall would be a good time to transplant, just want em for shade and straw, maybe a double row on 10 x10 spacing?
Shade, yes. Pinestraw, yes. But if they're right up close to your house, just know that cleaning gutters and the occasional snapped off limb from wind is a risk. That spacing is fine just limb'em to keep a modest crown and make a decent log one day.

BSK

Put those little 6" seedlings in the ground just 30 months ago, and a few are already 9 feet tall, with most being 5-6 feet tall. That's CRAZY fast growth.

BSK

Latest posts