Picatinny rail question

REN

i put this in the gunsmith forum as well but thought id ask here too

I have a stoeger m2000 i use for turkey hunting and it is drilled and tapped for the Weaver 93a mount. However i have a FF3 i have mounted on it now and seems the only 2 slots are all the way up or all the way back. does anyone know where i can get a picatinny rail with the same specs as the weaver 93a???

Grizzly Johnson

Grizzly Johnson

If you know the screw size, you can probably get the right length screws from MidwayUSA.

Going by the 93 fits referenced in the links posted above, a p. rail that fits those Remington or the Ben. M1 should fit your shotgun.

REN

i dont know the size, I just remember getting the 93 and the screws wouldnt go all the way in so i have to find the 93a mount screws.

I assume they are the same base just longer screws. I have the screws off the one now so in theory those should work on a new base?

RJT

Take a look at weaver #48339. I just put this on a stoeger M3500. The screws that came with it were too small but i had some that fit from another weaver mount.

RJT

The rail says for bennelli and when I received it , it was marked for Super Black Eagle. I suspect they make one for benelli/berretta that the screws will fit. I found extra screws in my safe that were from a weaver mount that I have had for years. I don't know the size but they were not as "fat" as the screws that came with the 48339. The ones I put in were a little longer also but i fitted them and found that I needed to grind the front two. After a light grind and a drop of threadlocker they are solid. I was thinking about returning the 48339 and getting the correct one for the older bennelli/berretta but the impatient part of me found a way to make it work. I will try and look up the correct part# but if you have screws that fit the rail you currently have then they should adapt to this rail.

RJT

The rail appears to be about the same thickness and i only had to grind a fraction off. The longer front screws were putting a little pressure on the barrel action. I put them in and did a complete break down of the gun and noticed that took quite a bit of extra force to get the barrel slid out of the receiver. I then ground the screws slightly and it freed everything up. I am setting this one up for turkey and am adding a mueller quickshot sight. I think the extra spacing on the picatinny rail will allow me to fine tune the position of the sight.

REN

i had the mueller and the normal rail worked great just because the sight is pretty long unlike the FF3 which is tiny.

I may try that one and see if the screws from my current mount work or the extra screws i have from the mount that came with my 3500.

funny thing is i called stoeger and asked and he said there is no difference in the 93 and 93a mount, to which my reply was "why the hell do they have different part numbers then?"

i have a call into weaver to see as well so ill wait till they call me back. Just seems this should be a much easier process to find a dang base

RJT

It was a pain in the butt to locate the 48339. I found it by accident in a forum somewhere. I hope weaver can give you the one that fits stoeger and you don't have to redneck engineer.Once i found the mount it was out of stock almost everywhere. I finally found one on ebay.

REN

i found one in stock somehow at franklin gun shop so im gonna run down and get it in a few and see if i can fit it on tonight. That way i can return it if this ends up being a flop.

Grizzly Johnson

If the very front screw tightens down on the barrel.... I wouldn't even use it.... just put a plug screw in the hole.

That is the issue I ran into on an 870... metal is so thin, not many threads even holding anyway. So I made it work with 3 screws.

REN

RJT said:
Take a look at weaver #48339. I just put this on a stoeger M3500. The screws that came with it were too small but i had some that fit from another weaver mount.

FYI this one fits like a glove!! Got it and even the screw that came with it fit perfect

Grizzly Johnson

REN said:
RJT said:

FYI this one fits like a glove!! Got it and even the screw that came with it fit perfect

Awesome man.... nothing like the folks on TnDeer to help a fellow out!!

Latest posts