• Help Support TNDeer:

Pfizer Covid vaccine

BSK

Don't remember how, but years ago I got on a local research firm's list of volunteers who would be willing to be part of new drug trials. Got a call from them back in August wanting to know if I would be interested in being part of a Phase III trial of a Covid vaccine. I said I most certainly would. Didn't know it was the Pfizer vaccine until I went in for my first round in September. Got my second round in October. Zero reaction to either. In these clinical trials, half of participants get the real drug, half get a placebo. Nobody at the application level (those giving the drugs or monitoring volunteers) knows which.

Recently got a call from the research group saying the study was about to reach the point of FDA approval (6 months of Phase III data) and wondered if I would like to know if I had gotten the real drug or the placebo. I told them I would like to know. Last week, the necessary level of data was completed and they called and told me I was in the placebo group. They then offered the real vaccine. I jumped at the chance. Got me first round shot yesterday. No reaction. No injection site pain or other symptoms. My brother, an ER doc, has already had both rounds. He said he had no reaction to the first round, but felt a little achy the day after the second round, although a couple aspirin tool care of that. I get my second round early February.

citico_tim

The only issue with the vaccine is that similar vaccines do have a history of creating a worse response to COVID than without the vaccine. In some people it alters their immune response, and it is very serious.

I suspect the risk is probably lower than the risk from COVID for high risk people, but what about kids?

Should we place kids at a higher risk simply to "stop the spread"? I am afraid we would. Look what we've already done to them in the name of stopping the spread of a disease that really doesn't affect them.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

BSK

As much video as there is on the news of people receiving the vaccine, I was really surprised when I learned - and I don't remember if the data was nationwide or just for TN - that only 0.5% of the population has received the vaccine so far. Guess I should feel lucky.

BSK

Should we place kids at a higher risk simply to "stop the spread"? I am afraid we would. Look what we've already done to them in the name of stopping the spread of a disease that really doesn't affect them.
Of interest, while I was getting my first shot yesterday, the research group told me they just received permission to lower the age of people eligible for the study to 16.

Mag

Daughter in Med School has had both. Had a pretty tough time with the second round but all good now.

Snake

Supporter
Don't remember how, but years ago I got on a local research firm's list of volunteers who would be willing to be part of new drug trials. Got a call from them back in August wanting to know if I would be interested in being part of a Phase III trial of a Covid vaccine. I said I most certainly would. Didn't know it was the Pfizer vaccine until I went in for my first round in September. Got my second round in October. Zero reaction to either. In these clinical trials, half of participants get the real drug, half get a placebo. Nobody at the application level (those giving the drugs or monitoring volunteers) knows which.

Recently got a call from the research group saying the study was about to reach the point of FDA approval (6 months of Phase III data) and wondered if I would like to know if I had gotten the real drug or the placebo. I told them I would like to know. Last week, the necessary level of data was completed and they called and told me I was in the placebo group. They then offered the real vaccine. I jumped at the chance. Got me first round shot yesterday. No reaction. No injection site pain or other symptoms. My brother, an ER doc, has already had both rounds. He said he had no reaction to the first round, but felt a little achy the day after the second round, although a couple aspirin tool care of that. I get my second round early February.
Thanks for the info brother .

7mm08

As much video as there is on the news of people receiving the vaccine, I was really surprised when I learned - and I don't remember if the data was nationwide or just for TN - that only 0.5% of the population has received the vaccine so far. Guess I should feel lucky.
I signed up with the state yesterday to volunteer to help with the clinics. We should be giving the damn things 24/7 until we run out & have the military involved( last I heard we are not in a global war right now).

JeepKuntry

I hope there is something available for children in the near future. As soon as I can get in line for the vaccine, I will be. I try not to worry but having a child with a compromised immune system does cause you to think differently.

Latest posts