Perspective (kinda long)

74MOPAR

74MOPAR

One of my favorite stories I've heard. Quite a few years ago I was doing a side job for a guy and we just got to talking. We had kinda similar stories. He had grown up kinda poor and married young , kinda struggled looking for a job but got one helping a guy on his property and helping manage a small trailer park. One of the perks was they got to live there for free. He took his young wife by there one night to check out the trailer and when the headlights shined on the trailer she got quiet and then started crying. Not knowing what was wrong he thought she didn't like the place and asked "what's wrong isn't it good enough for you?" She said" no that she was just so happy that it had underpinning." They had come a long way since then and she was a teacher and he had his own business. Sometimes you have to look back at how far you've come.

duckduck84

duckduck84

Man that's the truth. Great post.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

edtcase

edtcase

Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duckriver

duckriver

Success isn't measured by where you are, it's about how far you've come to get to where you are at.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
I was just having this conversation with my wife the other day. We aren't rich by any means, but we have alot more than we need. Our first house we lived in right after high school was a single wide trailer that didn't have underpinning, lol was basically in a swamp, you couldn't get off in the yard, roof leaked, floor was spongy, and it had rats. I look back on those memories and think what the heck were we thinking..lol we've come a long way and we earned all on our own.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk