Personal best

megalomaniac

39 unique deer this morning. Best was a 120in 3.5yo tending a doe. Fun hunt for sure, had 17 at one time within bow range. Still looking for a big cull to cap the season.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Andy S.

That is impressive on many levels, congrats. I have had some 30-40 deer "sighting" mornings over the years, with the majority being antlerless deer, but I could never be sure some of them did come by me more than once. Never a dull moment, and you never quit watching deer long enough to get cold. Thanks for sharing.

megalomaniac

Total blank this evening... different spot, not a single deer :) wish I could go tomorrow morning where I was this morn, but Wind is totally wrong tomorrow

GRIT

I seen 37 one morning this year now some might have been the same deer that come back through again later on me that morning.

WORM82

That's more than I will see in a season and that's counting the deer I see on my way to work and road kills here in NE TN

TennSportsman

With all the talk about how to get your kids "hooked", well here you go folks. Take them to hunt with maniac. Only time I've seen that many deer was in Pike Co, Illinois sitting all day over a big food plot. 43 deer total and could have been same deer here and there.

Mike Belt

That'll keep you fired up and on your toes. With that many deer in front of you you'd think a buck would have to fall in there somewhere. Going back in time I only remember seeing that many deer on a morning set twice before and both times it included a shooter or two.

megalomaniac

Same farm this am as yesterday am, but different spot. 10 adult does, 1 spike so far. Not a single fawn. Of 38 antler less deer yest am, only 4 were fawns. Just absymal

megalomaniac

Yesterday was a fluke... usually see 10 to 15 from that spot. But it does help that I have the best late season food around

RS

It does help when you have food. Last Saturday, my daughter and I saw 39. We had 17 come out in one group. This morning, I saw 22. We've killed 9 does the last 3 trips.

Attachments

• IMG_5661.JPG
    IMG_5661.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,591

Winchester

Those are fun hunts but 17 in bow range at once allows for no mistakes in moving with all those eyeballs!!! I hate trying to get drawn back when a dozen are right under you!

Latest posts